[Stable Update] 2020-08-22 - Kernels, Deepin, KDE-git, Firefox, Pamac, Nvidia 450, KDE Apps 20.08

Upgraded without any problem. But however when I upgraded my kernel to 5.8 the back port for mic doesn’t work. I had to revert back to kernel 5.7 to make the back port work.

My system info:

OS: Manjaro Linux 20.1 Mikah
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: 5.7.15-1-MANJARO
Desktop: KDE
Display Server: x11

Vendor: GenuineIntel
Model: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Physical cores: 4
Logical cores: 8

RAM: 31.3 GB
Swap: 0.0 GB

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce RTX 2080/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 450.57
OpenGL Core: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 450.57
OpenGL ES: OpenGL ES 3.2 NVIDIA 450.57
Vulkan: Supported

Seems to work properly, thanks! Though, I haven’t been able to get audio working on 5.8…

If you use KOrganizer to sync with Google Calendar,the service Akonadi is unable to start because of the recent package MariaDB update.you need to downgrade to version 10.4.14-1 all 3 packages


If you have those packages in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ you can install them

Edit: Looks like now stable has the 10.4 version,or maybe i was confusing packages.

xps9550,linux419,KDE, update OK

The grub security flaw can also be exploited by anything having root rights, without physical access. In other words a privilege escalation vulnerability, which do happen again and again, could seriously compromise a machine.

Thank you for the clarification, @Rupert.

@philm - did I misunderstand you?

Same here, the account just got deleted and i had to re-register.

Also, any ETA on the firejail update yet? The currently available version breaks apparmor.

If dmesg shows no xhci_pci errors you are probably good to go.

Check lsusb to verify that your usb ports are there too.

Manjaro Stable KDE

Trying to change Nvidia driver through GUI from 440 to 450, got:

Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

That was after update + reboot.

Thanks for the work. 2 machines, XFCE, no problem.

Did you remove 440 drivers first? You can’t just install the 450 drivers over the top of the 440 ones.

Addition to my previous post:

  • LibreOffice Draw (and siblings) crash when choosing a custom symbol for “listing and numbering”.
  • My custom view of Okular breaks: I don’t know how I exactly looked in the past, but I moved the “okular_part”-toolbar to the left and set all the actions “Hide text when toolbar shows the text next to the pictograms”. I’m forced to move it back to the default upper side, below the menu bar. It’s sad.

Still or Fresh?


1 Like

No i haven’t removed them first, just tried on top as always before :slight_smile:

same here while in Testing and Unstable works fine

Try sudo mhwd -i pci video-modsetting

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. Maybe it should be reported directly to the Document Foundation?

No issues

Not sure, because it could also be a font config thingie. Despite I ran fc-config several times (forced, cache-cleaned forced, as sudo-root).

I hoped it didn’t occur at LibreOffice-Fresh, but it does.

Strangely enough, the problem is not reproducible when running LO-still and LO-fresh in safe mode and after resetting the user config back to “last known good config”

I diffed my config with a “last-good-config-recovery”-one with KDiff3 and WinMerge (unfortunately still the best open source diff tool).

But the most relevant of the differences are binary files.


Resetting the config means the loss of my custom toolbars et al, which is a pain.

When I’ve more time, I’ll file two bugs:

  1. Segmental export of settings (like custom toolbars).
  2. The custom symbol for listings and numbering.
1 Like