Spotify error : needs /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: but libcurl-gnutls installed

20.1 updated today

I installed spotify from ttps://aur.archlinux.org/spotify.git and it built successfully and installed by pacman -U. Starting spotify from the command line I have an error requiring libcurl-gnutls

I have libcurl-gnutls as

pacman -Q libcurl-gnutls
libcurl-gnutls 7.72.0-2

and

/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4

/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 -> libcurl-gnutls.so.4.6.0

is on disk

But on starting spotify,

spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by spotify)
/opt/spotify/spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /opt/spotify/spotify)
/proc/self/exe: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /proc/self/exe)

Possibly it’s this issue: reddit[dot]com/r/archlinux/comments/df1qtm/spotify_x_libcurl_version_bug/

(can’t post links for some reason)

Not my issue, I’m afraid

notify-send is working on my system.

Spotify wants arch etc. to use snap which I am not going to use.

Not sure what the issue is on your system but I used spotify all day today with no issue (installed on 2020-07-24 in my KDE).

Yes. I deleted the home directory’s config/ spotify directory and restarted the application.

Working fine now.

When in doubt, blow something up…

Not really a solution, but whatever…

1 Like

Starting spotify from the menu is more stable than starting from command line. Why is that?

It is the same.

1 Like

Ah okay. Then the spotify installation seems to have trained itself into stability.

After deleting the user’s config directory, restarting the application, rebooting the VM the spotify is coming up every time.

So far…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.