Spotify download disappearing when reboot

When my laptop restarts, all my spotify downloads disappear into oblivion. I install spotify thru pamac install spotify

neofetch

██████████████████  ████████   soumi@Hori 
██████████████████  ████████   ---------- 
██████████████████  ████████   OS: Manjaro Linux x86_64 
██████████████████  ████████   Host: Aspire A514-53 V1.16 
████████            ████████   Kernel: 5.14.2-1-MANJARO 
████████  ████████  ████████   Uptime: 3 hours, 14 mins 
████████  ████████  ████████   Packages: 1389 (pacman) 
████████  ████████  ████████   Shell: bash 5.1.8 
████████  ████████  ████████   Resolution: 1366x768 
████████  ████████  ████████   DE: Plasma 5.22.5 
████████  ████████  ████████   WM: KWin 
████████  ████████  ████████   Theme: Breeze Light [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3] 
████████  ████████  ████████   Icons: breeze [Plasma], breeze [GTK2/3] 
████████  ████████  ████████   Terminal: konsole 
                               CPU: Intel i3-1005G1 (4) @ 3.400GHz 
                               GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics G1 
                               Memory: 3845MiB / 7630MiB

Since spotify is an AUR package, the command should be:

pamac build spotify

While using install, even tho it appears to do the same thing, the public key will never be imported that way because is not part of archlinux-keyring nor manjaro-keyring, hence the PGP would never be verified.
On build there will be a query to import the key and trust it …

That put aside, on what filesystem you are downloading those files, and/or on what mountpoint?
I guess is related to what happens here All of my files are in read only mode

1 Like

inxi -Fazy Would be a better way of giving info than neofetch.

I’ll delete spotify and try installing it again using build. I am using SSD for windows and HDD for Manjaro. The downloads path is in the other half of my HDD. I only used half of my HDD storage for Manjaro

I’ll try that

What filesystem, how you mount it ?

I think I’m got it wrong here. Please tell me how to know my filesystem? If that makes sense

is the one you call

In order to write on that you need the ntfs-3g package installed. You also have to make sure, that in your Windows installation you disable any Fast Boot and hybernation capabilities, so is not holding any ntfs partition in zombie state.

Also, if you want to automount the Luna partition at boot, you will have to add to fstab something like this:

LABEL=Luna /run/media/soumi/Luna ntfs-3g defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=30min,windows_names,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=0022,fmask=0022 0 0

considering that soumi is your username on the system too …
Some people recommend using the UUID instead, so it would be

UUID=D8D4C804D4C7E2BC /run/media/soumi/Luna ntfs-3g defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=30min,windows_names,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=0022,fmask=0022 0 0

Maybe also check How to mount Windows (NTFS) filesystem due to hibernation - Manjaro

I ran the automount and this is what it gave me:

   ~  LABEL=Luna /run/media/soumi/Luna ntfs-3g defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=30min,windows_names,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=0022,fmask=0022 0 0
zsh: permission denied: /run/media/soumi/Luna

I also ran the UUID one:

   ~  UUID=D8D4C804D4C7E2BC /run/media/soumi/Luna ntfs-3g defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=30min,windows_names,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=0022,fmask=0022 0 0
zsh: permission denied: /run/media/soumi/Luna

What should I do with this?

I also want to add that Fast boot and Secure Boot is disabled and ntfs-3g is installed

Is not a command, is something that is added to /etc/fstab file … then upon reboot you will have that partition mounted automatically. Leave it for now and just install ntfs-3g then reboot and then mount that Luna partition manually from the File Manager.

I meant to say Fast Startup and hybernate from within Windows, not BIOS. Please read

Thanks! It’s now working. I will mark your answer as solution

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.