Spacing on global menu widget not properly working

Hi,
I’m wanting to use the global menu on my Plasma desktop, but it is not showing properly, the spacing between the buttons is too small, here is a screenshot (The forum won’t let me put links on my post, i think i don’t have the TL need for it):
https://imgur.com/a/pxeGCZ5
I don’t know what might be causing this issue :confused: i tried putting it on a Plasma panel, Latte dock and panel and neither of those worked properly. Is there any way to fix this? I’m using latest stable Plasma desktop version.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

It is apparently a bug in Plasma, because it has been reported elsewhere already. However, to be fair, I myself am not seeing it on my own system, which also runs Manjaro Stable and has been fully updated.

So it could simply be a bug in the Plasma style. In my case, I am using Oxygen as the Plasma style, as opposed to any of the Breeze or Breath styles . Oxygen is in the repository, so you can try installing that and see whether it makes a difference. :thinking:

P.S.: Have you updated your system yet? It’s one of the first things you should do after installing… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Thank you, but I’m not that new hehe, I was on the previous forum :slight_smile:

And thank you for your answer,
I tried to change Plasma styles and I can confirm this is an issue with the “Breeze” and “Breath” styles. I tried using the “Air” and “Oxygen” styles and these don’t have this problem.
So i think that maybe an update broke the theme, and yes i have my system fully updated, its not a 100 new installation, i’ve been with my install for like 2 months.
Thank you :wink:

1 Like

Well, yes, the bug is known about upstream, but I’m surprised that they haven’t backported the fix to 19.4. :man_shrugging:

Yep, I thought it was gonna be fixed, that’s why I didn’t post this before, I saw there was a little big update so I thought it was gonna be fixed, but no haha, so I guess I’ll have to wait, thank you again

1 Like

Thank Providence for Oxygen and Air. :wink: