Sound problem with kernels above 5.9

cat /home/arch/.config/pipewire/media-session.d/default-nodes
cat: /home/arch/.config/pipewire/media-session.d/default-nodes: No such file or directory

That sounds like an old config set up, could you instead post

cat ~/.config/pipewire/media-session.d/deafult-profile

“default.profile.alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.0”: { “name”: “output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo” },
“default.profile.alsa_card.pci-0000_04_00.1”: { “name”: “off” }

Your default config isn’t working, how did you install Pipewire: was it a default auto-magic install with the OS or did you manually install it?

i installed manjaro-pipewire from Pamac

this is probally all pipewire related stuff i instaled

Did you do something like:

pacman -Rdd manjaro-pulse pulseaudio-alsa pulseaudio-bluetooth pulseaudio-ctl pulseaudio-equalizer pulseaudio-jack pulseaudio-lirc pulseaudio-rtp pulseaudio-zeroconf

to remove pulse and then

pacman -S manjaro-pipewire

to install the manjaro-pipewire meta-package?

Yeah I did

Have you tried removing the ~/.config/pipewire/media-session.d directory, (i.e. your config) then log out and log back in again.

rm -rf  ~/.config/pipewire/media-session.d

nope, i will try now

alright be right back

i am done

still no sound

Are you using KDE desktop?

Yeah i am

There have been reports (from March) of issues with pipewire and KDE integration.

There was a problem with compatibility at one point, that could still be the case. If you read that (very long thread) you’ll get the picture. You could try forcefully removing and reinstalling the pipewire meta-package. To me it looks as though a configuration script didn’t behave for you, or there was an ordering/package issue with your installation.

Alright, thanks bro

That’s alright, one last thing tho’ just for curiosity sake. Have a look at these two outputs for your system.

systemctl --user status pipewire.service
examine the systemd pipewire service status, it should all be loaded and good
pactl info
This one gives info about the pulse-pipewire interface, including the sink/sources
aplay -l
which lists your alsa hardware layer devices. See this reddit for an explanation :
but I think you have the same problem or a similar problem.

My output:

[spongebob@krabby-patty ~]$ systemctl --user status pipewire.service
● pipewire.service - Multimedia Service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/pipewire.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-06-23 20:11:08 BST; 3h 27min ago
TriggeredBy: ● pipewire.socket
   Main PID: 1342 (pipewire)
      Tasks: 2 (limit: 19095)
     Memory: 17.5M
        CPU: 8.930s
     CGroup: /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user@1000.service/session.slice/pipewire.service
             └─1342 /usr/bin/pipewire

Jun 23 20:11:08 krabby-patty systemd[1236]: Started Multimedia Service.

[spongebob@krabby-patty ~]$ pactl info
Server String: /run/user/1000/pulse/native
Library Protocol Version: 34
Server Protocol Version: 35
Is Local: yes
Client Index: 53
Tile Size: 65472
User Name: spongebob
Host Name: krabby-patty
Server Name: PulseAudio (on PipeWire 0.3.30)
Server Version: 14.0.0
Default Sample Specification: float32le 2ch 48000Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right
Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_0e_00.4.analog-stereo
Default Source: alsa_output.pci-0000_0e_00.4.analog-stereo.monitor
Cookie: c34c:9d19
[spongebob@krabby-patty ~]$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: ALC887-VD Analog [ALC887-VD Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
[spongebob@krabby-patty ~]$ lsmod | grep snd_seq
snd_seq_dummy          16384  0
snd_seq                86016  7 snd_seq_dummy
snd_seq_device         16384  1 snd_seq
snd_timer              40960  3 snd_seq,snd_hrtimer,snd_pcm
snd                   114688  18 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm

That last comment on the reddit thread:

I found that it works if I modprobe snd_seq and restart the service, but this isn’t really a fix since it worked yesterday perfectly fine.

might work for you if there is a kernel module loading problem that is preventing your hardware sound device becoming available. You can check if the snd_seq module is loaded with lsmod | grep snd_seq
and restart the pipewire service: systemctl --user restart pipewire.service

Nearly forget to mention you will need to modprobe the snd_seq module if it isn’t loading.
Something like

sudo modprobe snd_seq 

should work, you can also use insmod too, but that doesn’t check for any dependencies of the kernel module, so probably best not too