Sound only coming from left earphone?

So I recently switched to Manjaro from Windows but one of the first things I noticed is that sound is only coming from my left ear cup? I have browsed through numerous forum posts and could not find a fix for this. My audio levels are all balanced in PulseAudio and AlsaMIxer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am using an external sound card: Sound Blaster X3 by Creative
Edit: Sound comes to both earcups with the device unplugged and the headphones plugged into audiojack

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. What’s the output of:

pacmd dump

with the X3 unplugged and plugged in?

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time

The answer was as simple as installing the drivers through Wine, that’s it.
So exactly what I did was install the driver .exe from the official website then I proceeded to launch the .exe using Wine and just followed the wizard normally, it was that simple, at least for me.
:man_shrugging:

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

Please also press the 3 dots and the pencil icon below your post to elaborate how you did that exactly…

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.