Some software to control webcam

So a few days ago I changed from Windows to Linux and on Windows I got Razer Synapse to control my Razer Kiyo webcam, is there anything on Linux that lets me control stuff like (auto)focus, contrast, brightness, etc. ?

One of this might help you
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications/Multimedia#Webcam

OK so I tried them but they just seem to be working but when I use this webcam in programs like Discord, the options are brought back to default

Although after using v4l2 test utility, Discord’s quality and settings seems normal but the camera is zoomed in, while in test utility it looks normal.

obs-studio

I think this is what you’re looking for:
v4l2ucp — Universal control panel for V4L2 devices.
You can open e.g. Kamoso and v4l2ucp alongside, then change the settings in v4l2ucp and watch the effect in Kamoso. The only downside is v4l2ucp didn’t find my webcam, because it’ll open the first video device, but my webcam is the fourth, I had to run:

v4l2ucp /dev/video3

to start it properly.

Are there any options to change the resolution?

Run v4l2-ctl -d /dev/videoX --list-formats-ext to see the available resolutions and formats. Then you can run v4l2-ctl -d /dev/videoX --set-fmt-video width=W,height=H,pixelformat=F. Please note that the video format will be reset depending on the application last using the device. You can use v4l2-ctl -d /dev/videoX -V to see the current format.

1 Like