Some keybindings not working anymore

I’m using sway on a pinebookpro, and some of my keybindings have stopped working.

It happened sometime in the past couple weeks. As far as I remember, I didn’t change any config files, so that made me think the problem was caused by some update (but I’m not sure which). I tried switching back/downgrading to the stable branch, but that didn’t help.

Some keybindings still work, such as bindsym $mod+d exec --no-startup-id dmenu-recency and bindcode $mod+10 workspace $ws1, but others don’t, such as bindsym $mod+Return exec foot and bindsym $mod+Mod1+o exec setxkbmap -layout se -variant dvorak. I tried finding some pattern in the keybindings that work versus those that don’t, but I wasn’t able to. I also had some new problems with uxrvt and so I switched to foot, but I’m not sure if that’s related at all.

I would appreciate whatever help or suggestions anyone is able to offer.

Hey, if there is an issue with a configuration of your sway environment it usually shows a big red bar on start with some hints on what it found suspicious.

As it really depends on the changes you did to your sway environment config it is usually hard to tell without more details.

Turns out I was looking in the wrong config file (the one I use for i3 instead of sway). Now that I’ve added the keybindings to the sway config file, everything works as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.