[solved] Wifi forgets password at each reboot/logout

As in the title: each time wifi disconnects (reboot, logout, lock) I have to type in the password. I tried typing it in Connections > Wifi Security both as “store for this user” and “all users” and it goes blank after reboot.

Here’s my network card info:

`Network:`

`Device-1: Intel Wireless-AC 9462/9560 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: 4000`

`bus ID: 00:14.3 chip ID: 8086:06f0 class ID: 0280`

`IF: wlo1 state: up mac: <filter>`

Any ideas?

EDIT: A solution found somewhere on the forum did not work:

“you have to open an empty file called wifi_rand_mac.conf on the following directory /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/
and write the following:
[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no”

EDIT 2: Solution if anyone ever encounters this problem: seems like KDE wallet was the culprit. Even though it was disabled, I had to open Wallet Manager and clear the keys there and then key in the password one last time under Connections > Wifi security. This seems to be what helped.

I’ve occasionally encountered the same thing, but I don’t need to re-enter my wifi password. I just press cancel, then reconnect and the password isn’t needed again (because it was already stored).

It doesn’t work in my case, as the password in not stored, it doesn’t connect when I press cancel.

I’ve had this in the past with Networkmanager, removing (or forgetting, I forget what it is called) and adding the network again seemed to fix it.