[Solved] Manjaro-tools mount: /var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/mate-compiz/x86_64/desktopfs: unknown filesystem type 'overlay'

Hi
If this is in the wrong section please move it. I was starting to build the 20.1 version of the mate-compiz sbk spin, but it errors out.

–>overlayfs mount: [/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/mate-compiz/x86_64/desktopfs]
mount: /var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/mate-compiz/x86_64/desktopfs: unknown filesystem type ‘overlay’.
==>ERROR a failure occured in make_image_desktop().

I am using the manjaro-tools-git packages. A search found some 4 year old similar errors but nothing was applicable because the solution was to use manjaro-tools-git packages that are already installed.

About a week ago I made the sbk lxqt 20.1 release with no errors. Trying to remake the iso with the exact same build files results in a similar error.

–>overlayfs mount: [/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/lxqt/x86_64/desktopfs]
mount: /var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/lxqt/x86_64/desktopfs: unknown filesystem type ‘overlay’.
==>ERROR a failure occured in make_image_desktop().

Thanks in advance for any help or information

Jim

Two things to try if you haven’t already
1 reboot the pc
2 clean out the build folder

This is due to a missing reboot after kernel update.

Thank you both for pointing out the solution was to reboot. I started building the iso’s on my nas computer recently. I mostly update it with unattended updates, and seldom reboot it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.