[Solved] Dualshock 3 Bluetooth is Undiscoverable (can't connect over bluetooth)

Manjaro is virtually flawless in almost ever respect compared to quite a few other distros out there atm. I was so impressed with it and so pleased with it that in under a week of using it I pledged to support it every month. I’d suggest anyone reading this to do the same. It’s an incredible project and I’m grateful for it.

Now, I think I’ve come across the one thing where Manjaro is falling short. Connecting Dualshock 3 controllers over Bluetooth. Ubuntu, Neon, Fedora and Windows kind of do this out of the box but it’s the first issue I’ve encountered on Manjaro that has me stumped. Manjaro connects to these controllers over the cable but trying to connect them over Bluetooth is feeling like an impossible task.

All other Bluetooth devices so far (KDE Connect, Mouse, Speakers, etc) seem to work without a hitch but the controllers are dead in the water. I’m convinced I must be missing something. Something that isn’t included by default? I’ve reset them countless times. I’m sure it’s something simple but I’ve searched and I’m not solving it.

Anyone know how to get these controllers to work over Bluetooth? I don’t see them at all. I’m on KDE Plasma 5.19.5

After visiting https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gamepad#Connecting_via_Bluetooth on the Arch wiki it turns out Manjaro was missing bluez-plugins and bluez-utils packages. So far so good :slight_smile:

Edit: Yup, got Dualshock 3 and 4 working this way and the performance is good :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.