[Solved] Caffeine Issues

Hey

I am having issue with Caffeine. Was working all day now out of nowhere it stopped… And when I try running it from applications menu nothing happens, but via Terminal I get

I dunno what’s going on…

I don’t suppose you’ve tried logging out and back in?

I even went a step further, I rebooted 10 times…

Error is about unsupported locale > see if your locale is fine.

Everything else working fine… Only Caffeine is broke and I did check locale no issues…

Well something must have broken it. It didn’t break itself. So what did you do that broke it?

No idea. I am new to Linux so am lost… It seems I have an empty “LC_ALL=” How to fix it ?

Did you change any settings or install anything else? You did say that it was working earlier.

Don’t. It is best to leave that one empty, because if you set a value in there, it will override all your other LC_ values.

Well, that’s just the thing only app I have installed was VMWare Workstation…

If I run > export LC_ALL=“en_US.UTF-8” < command before I run caffeine through Terminal it works. But only via Terminal, app icon won’t work.

[techxero@Manjaro-HQ ~]$ locale
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_PAPER=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_NAME=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_ADDRESS=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_TELEPHONE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_ALL=

Also

Error: Your locale settings are not supported by the system. Using the fallback ‘C’ locale instead. Please fix your locale settings.
bpython version 0.20 on top of Python 3.8.6 /usr/bin/python

You have a nice KDE theme. I started because of that searching for a better KDE theme. A side effect but thanks! I hope this is not too off-topic.

Not at all it’s Infinity-Dark using Kvantum…

Also I fixed my issue. I had to disable custom formats. It’s either all en_US or caffeine won’t work. I needed to have 24h clock and only way I knew of to do that is to set time to en_GB. Doing that breaks the LC_All part hence Caffeine…

So I used clock widget that supported 24h clock :smiley:

There might be a better solution. You can start caffeine by prepending LC_ALL=en.US.UTF-8 to it, and you can modify your desktop shortcut or menu item for caffeine in the same manner, i.e. :arrow_down:

LC_ALL=en.US.UTF-8 caffeine

Thanks, but I fixed my issue. I had to disable custom region formats. It’s either all en_US or caffeine won’t work. I needed to have 24h clock and only way I knew of at the time was to do that is to set time to en_GB. Doing that breaks the LC_All part hence Caffeine…

So I used clock widget that supported 24h clock