Hi my friends,
I just plugged in a new ASUS DRW-24D5MT optical drive (internal SATA) and some strange behaviors happened.
- the BIOS sees the hardware
- Manjaro sees the device.
ale@ale-pc ~> sudo lshw -C disk [sudo] password di ale: ... *-cdrom description: DVD-RAM writer physical id: 0.1.0 bus info: scsi@5:0.1.0 logical name: /dev/cdrom logical name: /dev/sr0 capabilities: audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r dvd-ram configuration: status=open ...
- Brasero does not see the drive.
- The file managers (neither Thunar, nor PCManFM) do not see the drive
- Differently from before, all the above listed partitions are not shown in the file manager except the ones specified in /etc/fstab (/, home and sdd3 that I mamually added to fstab).
- one tmp partition appeared, including files like “qipc_systemsem_MSMNotifier1982c3c75cbed4786bc185973fce6242a7b208b8” and folders like “systemd-private-82a33fd7e7894e43b078d400d1330c24-upower”
- gparted needs ages to scan the hard disks (before installing the Asus drive it was fast)
- PC slows down and/or freeze randomly when I try to access ti the filesystem
- this is the output of stat
ale@ale-pc ~> stat /dev/sr0 File: /dev/sr0 Dim.: 0 Blocchi: 0 Blocco di IO: 4096 file speciale a blocchi Device: 5h/5d Inode: 13650 Coll.: 1 Tipo device: b,0 Accesso: (0660/brw-rw----) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 990/ optical) Accesso : 2020-11-14 19:12:00.488052497 +0100 Modifica : 2020-11-14 19:12:00.488052497 +0100 Cambio : 2020-11-14 19:12:00.488052497 +0100 Creazione: -
I googled a lot without success.
could someone help me please?