Snapper pre snapshot syntax error after update and can no longer update

I updated a little earlier this week, and I went to do an update today and now I am getting the following errors during an update:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                                               [###########################################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                                             [###########################################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                                                  [###########################################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                                            [###########################################] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space                                          [###########################################] 100%
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Performing snapper pre snapshots for the following configurations...
  File "/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/snap-pac", line 40
    f"--config {config} create",
                              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
error: command failed to execute correctly
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to run transaction hooks)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I tried with both sudo pacman -Syu and sudo pamac upgrade -a

I have never altered the snap-pac config so I am unsure why this started throwing errors today preventing me from updating my system or installing new packages.

Its from the snap-pac package.

More than that I cannot say as its not installed here.

PS.

Dont use sudo with pamac.

1 Like

Did not know that about pamac, I ran the command without sudo and it updated without issues. Thanks

Okay, so now I can use pamac but not pacman. So the build in package manager is broken.

Looks like snap-pac is broken on Manjaro. I have re-installed a couple times and I don’t know enough to mess with the config. I am not sure why it broke or is having issues but I wouldn’t be surprised if more people have this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.