Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
  vendor: Lenovo driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000 bus ID: 03:00.0 
  chip ID: 10ec:8168 
  Device-2: Realtek RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo 
  driver: rtl8723be v: kernel port: c000 bus ID: 04:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:b723 

But isn’t this now the driver from USB?

That is the driver for ethernet.

That is the one for wlan.

No it is live a session. A full linux running on your machine, using your hardware, but running from your usb disk. And yes the live session loaded the driver r8169, but you installed on your local install r8168. (which is closed source from REALTEK btw, therefore it is an extra module).

Do you get in this live session full speed internet?

If you have full speed here and everything works great, then remove the driver you have installed (r8168) on your local install and stick with r8169.

2 Likes

Nah…

I thought driver is loaded from USB, not from puter. You see, after i removed 68 and “modprobed” (i really need to get to know what these things mean) 69, i lost connection completely. That’s why i went to USB.

Here you go sir: Kernel module - ArchWiki

I am confused now. Did you boot from usb install disk or not?

Yes. Like i said, i lost connection and had no way to install any network drivers in. Still on USB.

Just boot into your local install. rmmod and modprobe are only temporary. After reboot, everything should be back to normal.

Rebooting then.

Hmm… I wonder if it is wise to appear dumb in front of all internet. This kinda situation makes me thank the universe for giving me the idea of getting the forum account with fake name ;D

1 Like

Believe me. My first steps on linux were worse than yours. And still the internet knows all my dumb statements… well my name was another one. :smiley:

Ok. Back in business with normal boot.

inxi -Nazy
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
  vendor: Lenovo driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000 bus ID: 03:00.0 
  chip ID: 10ec:8168 
  Device-2: Realtek RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo 
  driver: rtl8723be v: kernel port: c000 bus ID: 04:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:b723

So i do have the 69 driver now.

I have old Pentium (600MHz i believe) laptop running next to this one now using another Linux. System itself is so hard to that thing that it almost freezes just in drawing grapgics. And yet it just downloaded 20ish Mb in speedtest. This puter has way faster ping and still the actuall connection speed is low. My personal logic chip is overheating ;D

What i’m going to do next, is doing the same cold start to router that i did to puter. And with hard reset (reseted it via control panel of course as part of this process earlier, but who knows if…).

1 Like

…and after all this, we have 19ms ping, Download 33.58 and Upload 18.15Mb/s.

Pheew. Not sure which one of the last two tricks did it, but here we are. Problem gone.

Thank you @megavolt for your help. No way i could’ve done this before christmas without your help.

1 Like

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

Heya Fabby.

I had no clue of being able to mark this solved, sorry. But since me and linux are not familiar enough to eachother, it’s obvious that i’ll be asking silly questions in here sooner or later. Will do better next time ;D

I really can’t bring up the best answer outta this. I think that driver r8169 AND hard reset to router made it together. Anyway, as we all see, this was a process of learning to do several things, so i believe all answers are useful in some level.

Thanks again.

BTW, i also mentioned in opening mesage that couldn’t find memory card reader anywhere. After using highly complicated problem solving technic called “wild guess” i installed some drivers from a AUR and told mountables to be mounted in preferences. So now everything works as it should (so far). But that’s not networking, so…

No need to apologize: We live and we learn :wink:

KISS: Keep It Simply Stupid: Ask one question per … well… question!
Why, oh why, you ask? Well, we do it for the :heart: and the Solutions so the experts that see a “wall of text” will move on to something else.

It’s not like we charge more if you post more topics…

:grin: :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.