Transceiver: internal
	Auto-negotiation: off
	MDI-X: Unknown
	Supports Wake-on: pumbg
	Wake-on: d
	Current message level: 0x00000033 (51)
			       drv probe ifdown ifup
	Link detected: yes

Also same netlink error after both command lines. And appears that i already had ethtool installed.

ipv6 is already disabled.

Something strange in routers ethernet report though.

|Kesto:  |00:00:00| (duration)
|---|---|
|Yhteystila:  |Yhteys katkaistu| (Status disconnected)
|MAC-osoite:  |78:62:56:F4:43:98|
|Yhteystila:  |LAN-yhteys katkaistu| (LAN disconnected)
|IP-osoite:  |Tuntematon| (unknown)
|Aliverkon peite:  |Tuntematon| (subnet mask unknown)
|Oletusyhdyskäytävä:  |Tuntematon| (unknown)
|Ensisijainen DNS-palvelin:  |Tuntematon| 
|Toissijainen DNS-palvelin:  |Tuntematon|

What should i think of that? Now that i was in router, i set it to LAN only from auto. However nothing changed.

Cant read that :stuck_out_tongue: Start it with:

LANGUAGE=en_EN command

According to this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration/Ethernet#Realtek_RTL8111/8168B

Maybe try this module: r8169

rmmod r8168

and

modprobe r8169

To load this module at boot, blacklist r8168

sudo echo "blacklist r8168" > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Sorry. Forgot to answer to this.

I meant that when i installed Manjaro, the driver was somethin else. I’ve used that graphic installer app all the time and i’ve read somewhere that they may make mistakes that terminal’s don’t. Some problem in removing old or somekinda registry (we have one, or is it Win only thing?) issue. Can’t tell.

Like i said, i have practically no clue what’s going on deeper in Linux, althou i’ve used several.

1 Like

yeah understand. and no there is no registry. Modules (drivers) can be loaded instantly. There is a “prober” which detects the hardware and load the proper module. If that module is wrong you need to black list it, so that it chooses another one.

# Ethernet Status

|Duration:|00:00:00|
| --- | --- |
|Connection status:|Disconnected|
|MAC Address:|78:62:56:F4:43:98|
|Connection mode:|LAN disconnected|
|IP address:|Unknown|
|Subnet mask:|Unknown|
|Default gateway:|Unknown|
|Primary DNS server:|Unknown|
|Secondary DNS server:|Unknown|
1 Like

Beside a nice summery for longtime users:

1 Like

I would suggest to blacklist the current driver and reboot.

Then check which driver has been loaded:

inxi -Nazy

What i have now, is computer running from USB stick. I believe i had no such thing as r8189 available.

Yes. Noob. I know ;D

Actually i got paid for using old Macs back in the fogs of history, then changed reluctantly to win when iAge hit Apple and everything was the same with Win but with prices x 10.

This doesn’t pain me (too much) and i like to learn. However i’d like to choose them moments when i have to learn myself and not decided by this poor excuse of a computer ;D

What i need now is some kinda network driver back to puter itself. After that i believe is time to return to other things.

1 Like

Check with

inxi -Nazy

and post it here.

inxi -Nazy
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
  vendor: Lenovo driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000 bus ID: 03:00.0 
  chip ID: 10ec:8168 
  Device-2: Realtek RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo 
  driver: rtl8723be v: kernel port: c000 bus ID: 04:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:b723 

But isn’t this now the driver from USB?

That is the driver for ethernet.

That is the one for wlan.

No it is live a session. A full linux running on your machine, using your hardware, but running from your usb disk. And yes the live session loaded the driver r8169, but you installed on your local install r8168. (which is closed source from REALTEK btw, therefore it is an extra module).

Do you get in this live session full speed internet?

If you have full speed here and everything works great, then remove the driver you have installed (r8168) on your local install and stick with r8169.

2 Likes

Nah…

I thought driver is loaded from USB, not from puter. You see, after i removed 68 and “modprobed” (i really need to get to know what these things mean) 69, i lost connection completely. That’s why i went to USB.

Here you go sir: Kernel module - ArchWiki

I am confused now. Did you boot from usb install disk or not?

Yes. Like i said, i lost connection and had no way to install any network drivers in. Still on USB.

Just boot into your local install. rmmod and modprobe are only temporary. After reboot, everything should be back to normal.

Rebooting then.

Hmm… I wonder if it is wise to appear dumb in front of all internet. This kinda situation makes me thank the universe for giving me the idea of getting the forum account with fake name ;D

1 Like

Believe me. My first steps on linux were worse than yours. And still the internet knows all my dumb statements… well my name was another one. :smiley:

Ok. Back in business with normal boot.

inxi -Nazy
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
  vendor: Lenovo driver: r8169 v: kernel port: d000 bus ID: 03:00.0 
  chip ID: 10ec:8168 
  Device-2: Realtek RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo 
  driver: rtl8723be v: kernel port: c000 bus ID: 04:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:b723

So i do have the 69 driver now.

I have old Pentium (600MHz i believe) laptop running next to this one now using another Linux. System itself is so hard to that thing that it almost freezes just in drawing grapgics. And yet it just downloaded 20ish Mb in speedtest. This puter has way faster ping and still the actuall connection speed is low. My personal logic chip is overheating ;D

What i’m going to do next, is doing the same cold start to router that i did to puter. And with hard reset (reseted it via control panel of course as part of this process earlier, but who knows if…).

1 Like

…and after all this, we have 19ms ping, Download 33.58 and Upload 18.15Mb/s.

Pheew. Not sure which one of the last two tricks did it, but here we are. Problem gone.

Thank you @megavolt for your help. No way i could’ve done this before christmas without your help.

1 Like