Silencing Network Notifications

I just re-installed Manjaro Cinnamon and I can’t seem to be able to silence the network notifications. Whenever I get connected to / disconnected from the wifi network, a notification pops up. I then click on “Don’t show this message again”, but it keeps coming back. It was working fine before I re-installed.

Does anyone know where this setting is saved? Maybe I have a permission issue. Journalctl doesn’t show any error.

Note: the only thing I’ve done on this system is removing xdg-dekstop-gnome, otherwise Firefox takes 30s to start. It’s pretty fresh and vanilla.

Yes its in privacy its called check connectivity and is enabled by default.

Thanks for the tip. I turned it off but I still receive the notifications on joining/disconnecting wifi.

Those happen when my laptop wakes up from sleep (it automatically reconnects to the network).

connected

disconnected

Maybe:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Cinnamon#Configuration

Specifically the Disable the NetworkManager applet section at the bottom of the page.

Oh, that’s nm-applet. Thanks to you, I’ve found the corresponding parameter with dconf:
image-1

For some reason, clicking on “Don’t show this message again” does not change the configuration of nm-applet. Disabling it with dconf works. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.