Setting up SSH for incoming logins

I’m trying to setup my install to accept ssh logins, but I’ve had no luck. I have tried looking it up, but can’t find anything that has worked. Can someone point me in the right direction

Everything you need is here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/OpenSSH

Most of the time it’s enough to:

sudo pacman -S openssh
sudo systemctl enable --now sshd

You may want to explicitly disable remote root login, though. :wink:

And you may want to

Disable password-login for ssh, and use ssh-keys instead. Because you may attract a lot of bad traffic if you use a public reachable IP.

also if you run a firewall, set rules for incoming connections depending on what port you are running SSH server on

Sure. But the request was for simply setting up SSH to accept incoming connections.
What you do to secure it after that, was not covered by the question. :wink:

Thanks everyone