Sensors for fan control on x670 aorus elite ax

I have been playing around with a few gui linuxes in VmWare for a while and finally went for Manjaro, dualboot with win 11.

Got everything working except one thing, the fans, they are running like a jet engine.

I’m writing this on my win machine because I simply could not take the noice any more and here I use fan control so tried to get something similar working on Manjaro.

When running sensors-detect it finds a sensor but can’t detect what it is. it reports “0x8689” witch is also found in the lm_sensors arch wiki referencing another gigabyte motherboard (point 6.6, B560, not allowed to post links :frowning: ).

So I tried following those instructions to get it to work, editing /etc/default/grub adding acpi_enforce_resources=lax between the quotes in the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line and generated and generated a new config file with sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and rebooted.
I git cloned it87-dkms-git from AUR but sadly fails when installing it with pacman.
I didn’t copy the output but it reported not finding the module (it87)

So I’m at a complete roadblock here, I simply can’t use the computer with that noice, I have such a headache from just trying to figure this out for a few hours.
I am also completely new to the arch linux envronment, coming from mosly having used cli based debian on arm sbc:s.

One of the reasons I went for Manjaro was that I heard the community is awesome AF. xD
PLEASE HELP!

Hello,

Ok, no need for cloning … so, for AUR packages you need to use an AUR helper. Aside pacman that is official arch linux package manager, we provide our pamac that can also handle AUR aside official packages.
You will need first:
sudo pacman -S base-devel

For any dkms package you need the linux-headers for your running kernel, hence you have to install that first. You can use this command (in case you have multiple kernels installed) to detect and install automatically:

sudo pacman -S $(pacman -Qsq "^linux" | grep "^linux[0-9]*[-rt]*$" | awk '{print $1"-headers"}' ORS=' ')

Then you build from AUR your needed package
pamac build it87-dkms-git

In principle that is in a short and quick summary. The forum has already tons of how to for most of things users get stuck with, AUR helpers, and so on …

2 Likes

Rumor confirmed, community = awesome AF. <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.