SDDM (breeze) theme issue

Dear All,

For some unknown reason the default breeze sddm theme has taken on the ‘green’ breath2 highlight colour (surrounding dialogue boxes etc.) of #1abc9c; rather than its actual colour of #1d99f3. This seems to have occurred after the ‘2021-04-09 Stable update’ and has persisted through after updating to the latest ‘2021-04-18 Stable update’. I did not raise the issue at the time since it was not such a big deal. However, I would most certainly like to resolve it now as it is bugging me.

I tested other ‘breeze’ custom themes and the issue persists across most, but not all of them, and does not affect other themes at all; its almost like the system is confusing breath2 colours with breeze ones, so I tried uninstalling breath2 sddm theme but to no avail. I then continued to rollback multiple packages, that might be suspect, to the version prior to updating; such as sddm, breath2-icon-themes, linux-firmware, manjaro-release, gtk2 and gtk3. Nothing changed.

I have checked the ‘theme.conf’ files for both breeze and breath2 (as located in /usr/share/sddm/themes/) and they are both as they should be with their respective colours; and I also tried to force change the hex values but this did nothing either.

Moreover, the default breeze lockscreen retains its standard blue colour and running ‘sddm-greeter --test-mode --theme /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/’ returns the standard blue colour also. Further to this, I occasionally experience a square ‘display picture’ on the lockscreen instead of the default round style, although this never persists and may not be related.

I am running KDE Plasma 5.21.4, on an Intel(R) Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.90GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti (linux59-nvidia 460.67-1), kernel 5.9.16-1-MANJARO on x86_64 architecture and am currently on the latest stable update as stated above.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

se7enge