SDDM autologin override

I recently received a Infinitybookpro from Tuxedo Computers pre-installed with Manjaro and it’s great, but I’m having a problem where I accidentally checked autologin on configuration and now I am trying to override it. I have tried solutions like in this post

however overriding autologin by simply commenting out the lines didn’t stop the autologin from happening. Moreover changing the autologin session has no effect. I would like to disable autologin because I am trying to move to a different window manager and I like to have the option on the log-in screen.

Mother Google suggests you review this…

I should have mentioned. I’m using sddm and kde-plasma, not xfce. moreover I have followed those steps however it has not worked, please see the problem I mentioned the original post, as that is the solution you have posted I think?

Go to System settings → Startup and Shutdown → Login Screen (SDDM) and find on the bottom Behavior button and uncheck autologin.

1 Like

Thank you! I would not have spotted that. Thank you so much!

Sorry, I’m afraid I’m having problems with applying the behaviour. I unchecked the box and clicked apply and the checkbox reverted to being checked after I entered my password. I’m having the same issue when I’m checking boxes for, for example, changing the background for sddm. Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.