Screen settings disappear after reboot

I do have an dual-screen setup.
Since last manjaro update, I have the issue, that KDE starts with “mirrored Screens” instead of “side-by-side Screens”.

I have to change the setting after each reboot.

Setup:
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.94.0
Qt Version: 5.15.4
Kernel Version: 5.15.48-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 15.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4000

1 Like

And additional issue: The Tray don’t show any Icons anymore for some Applications.
For Example, Linphone, Discord, Keepassxc… they all (and more) where in my little Sidebar, if started in the background.

They are all gone!

create a new user and test with it

Ok, I did that, and the Tray-Icon issue doesn’t appear there.
@brahma how can I “partially” reset my profile, to get it back to work?

I mean, I don’t want to lost all my settings I’ve made over all the last years. Do you have a clue which file are responsible for this “x11” issue?

i have no idea what conf is responsible for this…
try this:
rm -rf ~/.cache/*
rm ~/.config/Trolltech.conf
kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental
reboot and see if that helped

Ok, thank’s I’ll try this.
But at the last command I got this:

kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental
kbuildsycoca5 running...
qt.core.logging: Ignoring malformed logging rule: '’*=false’'
kf.config.core: "KConfigIni: In file /home/pc/.local/share/applications/brave-browser.desktop, line 128: " Invalid entry (missing '=')
kf.service.sycoca: The menu spec file ( "" ) contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix it.
kf.service.sycoca: The menu spec file ( "" ) contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix it.
kf.service.sycoca: Service type not found: "text/.htaccess"

Is that ok, or have I to fix something here?

ignore it, reboot and see if it helped

Ok, After reboot, the dual-screen work like expected again. Thanks for this hint. :+1:

But the Applications (like linphone, keepassxc, etc.) still not appear in the Tray (as Icons).
And keepassxc is incredible slow (1> minute for each action)

I guess, that there might also be something wrong with some plasma / kde configs?

you could rename the .config folder in home to .config.bak, then reboot and see if that helped, but i would try first resetting plasma settings, so should we do that first?

I’ve rebooted again, and now the split-screen doesn’t work again :confused:
That’s really strange.

How can I reset Plasma?

so you didnt rename the config folder?

Not yet, as you said, that you would first reset plasma.

good, so try resetting plasma, its a little complicated:
• Log out of the GUI.
• Switch to a tty with Ctrl+Alt+F2.
• Issue the following command:
find $HOME/.config/ -maxdepth 1 -name 'plasma*' -exec rm {} \;
reboot:
systemctl reboot
and pay attention to the resseting command, take a picture of it with your phone

@brahma Removing plasma-stuff wasn’t the solution, so I’ve renamed .config and now I try to copy all stuff I need - step by step over to the new Config-File.
Will be a bunch of work, but will see if it’s work.

I drop you a note if done.

And renaming the config, rebooting did help?

@brahma yes, that helps. I think there is something messed up with kwin in any way.
Couldn’t figure out what exactly it was, but anyway… a chance to cleanup the ~/.config a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.