Screen have no video after KVM switch

Hello,
I’m using a KVM switch to change hdmi source for my monitor. One of the PCs is running manjaro KDE.
The manjaro PC doesn’t give video if I switch from and to it. I have to restart the pc everytime to have video.

on the manjaro PC: RX6600 (using the open source drivers) , kernel 6.6.30-2, i3-12100

I’ve found this old thread, but the solution presented there doesn’t work for me

Edit: after testing some more, I found out that if any video on any site is playing, I can switch between the PCs without a problem.
Also, it take a few seconds to “break”, if I switch from and to immediately it works, but if I wait a few seconds it’s black screen for me.
Edit2: I tried running linuxMint(cinnamon), and the switch worked with no problem. they are using kernel 5.4, so I switched to 5.4 on manjaro, but I had no video at all with that kernel on manjaro.

I hope this helps.

when in no video mode, try switching to TTY and back to get mode changes forced.

hi,
tried your suggestion, it still give no video switching tty

after digging in the archwiki I found something that solved the problem: setting the kernel parameter amdgpu.runpm=0.

don’t know why it solved, don’t know what the problem was.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.