Screen blackout after Update

Hello every one,
I updated the my Lenove Thinkpad E595 today. After a reboot I have problems with my desktop manager. I3W is my default window manager. After a log in it will hang up at a random point. Cinnamon and Startx will crash immediately. One of the packages what was updated was mesa (if some body cares).
Thanks for the help

i will try to get the inxi output. But i have just pictures of it.

Hi, I think we’re in the same boat. Take a look at my recent post, maybe it will give us some clues

Try and downgrade xorg-server and xorg-server-common and see if it is fixed? I have an issue with the latest and inability to use my external display connected to my laptop which runs Intel integrated graphics i915.

i have downgraded from version 1.20.13-3 to version 1.20.12-1. The behaviour is the same. I have the problem with the internal monitor. Die Commandline View (CTRL+ALT+F6) is working properly

It works with the kernel version 5.10.60-1. The Version 5.11.4_rt11-1 has broad the problem. Should I post a bug report? dmesg shows “AMD-Vi: Unable to read/write to IOMMU” that has not shown since the kernel change.
Thanks for the input

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.