I am very happy to announce the release of SbK Xfce-Compiz 184.108.40.206. This is the best of the series so far imho.
The SpinsbyKilz.com watermark is not present in the installed OS.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.10.83 LTS kernel.
- Compiz 9 with the rotating cube for virtual desktops, faded windows in the background, wobbly windows, and other effects.
- The New FlatRemixSpin-Pink icon theme with light and dark versions of the control icons.
- The new KvSpinDarkPink matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-220.127.116.11 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- A basic Conky with matching color theme.
- The menu icon in the dock is the Xfce mouse icon and it is color matched to the other themes.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 12/15/2021.
- Minimize and maximise controls return, they were missing on some windows in 21.2.0.
- This SbK Xfce-Compiz release is based on Manjaro 21.2.0 RC2.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible. In the full iso there are also a lot of packages used to build packages installed.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
As always comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.