I am happy to announce the release of SbK Xfce-Compiz 21.1.
This release has:
- Compiz 9 with the rotating cube for virtual desktops, faded windows in the background, wobbly windows, and other effects.
- The 5.10.56 LTS kernel.
- A dock with transparent background and auto hide.
- The new KvSpinDarkLavender3 theme, a GTK and matching Kvantum theme in one package.
- A new icon theme FlatRemixSpin-Lavender and matching dark theme with lighter controls.
- 3 new backgrounds in the Usplash2.
- One of the new wallpapers is the grub, display manager and desktop wallpaperand they all use the same themes.
- Lots and lots of package updates since the 21.0.7 release. Packages are up to date as of 8/15/2021.
It also contains the standard SbK features.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- The latest long term support kernel
- All SbK iso’s contain the Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. To get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. Any Manjaro user can add the repo, [click here to learn how.](http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.htm
Compiz is no longer in the Manjaro repositories. Compiz signed packages for SbK releases will now be built from the AUR PKGBUILD and hosted in the SbK repository. If libraries Compiz relies on are upgraded it may stop working and a new package will need to be rebuilt. Since my ancient hardware does not run Compiz well, I dont run it. I will need to be notified so I can rebuild the package. Please post on any SbK Compiz topic in the Spins section of the Manjaro forum to let me know. It shouldnt take long to build and once uploaded to the repository it will show up in updates.
As always comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome. Just leave a post below.