I am pleased to announce the re-release of SbK Xfce-Compiz 21.1.2 as 21.1.3. Its a sharp one.
The 21.1.2 release was made the same day as a big update and a move to 21.1.3 by Manjaro. This is an update release for new installs. Those with the 21.1.2 release installed will have the same package base at this point in time.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.10.63 LTS kernel.
- Compiz 9 with the rotating cube for virtual desktops, faded windows in the background, wobbly windows, and other effects.
- The New FlatRemixSpin-Green icon theme with light and dark versions of the control icons.
- The new KvSpinDarkGreen2 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-21.1.2 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- A basic Conky with matching color theme.
- Lots of updates since the 21.1 release. The iso’s are up to date as of 9/18/2021.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible. In the full iso there are also a lot of packages used to build packages installed.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on signed iso’s visit the checking webpage.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be
As always comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.