I am happy to announce the release of SbK Xfce-Compiz 21.0.7
I had the majority of this release done on Wednesday. Then I took a few days to polish it and remove little flaws in the themes & fonts and how they interacted with the applications. Its one of the better Xfce releases I have made.
This release has:
- Compiz 9 with the rotating cube for virtual desktops, faded windows in the background, wobbly windows, and other effects.
- The 5.10.42 LTS kernel.
- A dock with transparent background and auto hide.
- The new KvSpinDarStorm theme,a GTK and matching Kvantum theme in one package.
- A new icon theme MintSpin-Y-Lavender and matching dark theme with lighter controls.
- 4 new backgrounds in the Usplash2. The older Usplash package can be installed from the SbK repository with an additional 230 backgrounds.
- One of the new wallpapers is the grub, display manager and desktop wallpaperand they all use the same themes.
- Lots and lots of package updates since the 20.1.1 release. Packages are up to date as of 10/18/2020.
It also contains the standard SbK features.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- The latest long term support kernel
- All SbK iso’s contain the Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. repository
A full and very minimal iso can be found here.
As always comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome. Just leave a post below.