I am happy to announce the release of SbK Talking Mate 21.3.7.
The SpinsbyKilz.com watermark is not present in the installed OS.
Talking Mate is one of the few SbK releases to use a panel. It is designed for users with vision issues. I came to the conclusion that making them learn a new dock wasnt a good idea. It also has only one iso, the full version, again to make it easier for its intended users.
Talking Mate reuses some of the best SbK themes of the past to show that they can be applied to other desktops. This theme orignally appeared in SbK Gnome 20.1.1.
This release includes:
- The 5.15.60 LTS linux kernel.
- The MintSpin-Y-Teal icon theme, with light and dark variants. It is part of the mintspin-y-icons package
- The kvspindarkteal package with kvantum theme and matching gtk theme in one package.
- The grub (grub-theme-sbk-gnome-201) and login (lightdm-spins-gnome-greeter-201)screen use the same wallpaper ( bia-andrade-SmkZz4aR-Ng-unsplash.jpg Usplash2 package)and themes as the desktop.
- A lot of package updates since the SbK Talking Mate 21.3.1 release. The release is up to date as of 8/19/2022.
It also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit Checking
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install.
As always comments, suggestions, and requests are always welcome, just post below.