I am happy to announce the release of SbK Talking Mate 21.1.2.
Talking Mate is one of the few SbK releases to use a panel. It is designed for users with vision issues and I came to the conclusion that making them learn a new dock wasnt a good idea. It also has only one iso, the full version, again to make it easier for its users. If any Talking Mate users would like a minimal iso please comment below and I will add one to the next release. Be aware minimal iso’s contain few applications other than a browser.
This release include
- The 5.10.61 LTS linux kernel.
- A basic Conky with a blue color theme to match the other themes.
- A new FlatRemixSpin-Dark-Gold icon theme, with light and dark variants.
- The KvSpinDarGold2 with kvantum theme and matching gtk theme in one package.
- The grub and login screen use the same wallpaper and themes as the desktop.
- A ton of package updates since the SbK Talking Mate 21.0.7 release. The release is up to date as of 9/12/2021.
It also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit Checking
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html
As always comments, suggestions, and requests are always welcome, just post below.