I am happy to announce the release of SbK Pantheon 22.1.1.
The SpinsbyKilz.com watermark is not present on the installed system.
Another release and a new set of theme bugs fixed. I wasnt able to try all the themes in all the desktops, so it isnt shocking a few have popped up. I’m just glad they are easy to fix and dont impact functionality. I removed an annoying white border on some applications. All the themes were updated, even the ones for the already released desktops. I will continue to fix them as I find them and release updated packages.
Pantheon uses a lot of the Gnome desktop . Some of the files that Gnome uses had to be changed or removed to create a working Manjaro installer. Because of this it is really not possible to install Gnome as a second desktop in the installed OS.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 6.1.26 LTS kernel.
- The New KoraSpin-Purple4 icon theme with light and dark versions.
- The new SpinThemeDarkPurple6, matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-22.1.1 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- Minimize control for windows.
- Avilable updates are shown in Conky.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 5/10/2023.
- An optional Firefox theme, SbK Dark Purple6, that matches the color scheme is available at https://spins.tuxfamily.org/ffthemes.html just click on the image in Firefox to install it.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
As always comments, suggestions, requests are always welcome, just post below.