I am happy to announce the release of SbK LXQt 23.0.0.
The SpinsbyKilz.com watermark is not present on the installed system.
Theme improvements continue. The multi file select now uses the main highlight color. All in all one of the best LXQt releases in the last few.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 6.1.31 LTS kernel.
- The New KoraSpin-Turquoise5 icon theme with light and dark versions of the control icons. They are part of the KoraSpin-23.0.0 package.
- The new SpinThemeDarkTurquoise7 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package was used.
- The new Usplash-23.0.0 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 6/5/2022. Lots of updates since the last release.
- An optional Firefox theme, SbK Dark Turquoise7, that matches the color scheme, is available at https://spins.tuxfamily.org/ffthemes.html. Just click on the image in Firefox to install it.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- A basic Conky with a color theme that matches the desktop themes.
As always comments, suggestions, requests are always welcome, just post below.