I am happy to announce the release of SbK LXQt 21.2.4.
watermark is not present on the installed system.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.15.25 LTS kernel.
- The New FlatRemixSpin-Green6 icon theme with light and dark versions of the control icons.
- The new SpinThemeDarkGreen7 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package was used.
- The new Usplash-21.2.4 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 2/28/2022.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- A basic Conky with a color theme that matches the desktop themes.
A full and very minimal iso can be found here.
As always comments, suggestions, requests are always welcome, just post below.
I added the repo.
Updated the system.
Installed a theme.
How do I find it and apply it?
[demo@manjaro-live ~]$ sudo pacman -S flatremixspin
error: target not found: flatremixspin
[demo@manjaro-live ~]$ sudo pacman -S FlatRemixSpin
looking for conflicting packages...
:: FlatRemixSpin and FlatRemixSpinBase are in conflict. Remove FlatRemixSpinBase? [y/N] y
Packages (2) FlatRemixSpinBase-1.0-1 [removal] FlatRemixSpin-2.2.12-1
Total Download Size: 13.29 MiB
Total Installed Size: 141.08 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 113.39 MiB
:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
FlatRemixSpin-2.2.12-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'FlatRemixSpin-2.2.12-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from repo.spinsbykilz.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
I should have mentioned it in the release but I split the FlatRemixSpin package up because it was getting pretty big.
The package that was FlatRemixSpin is now two packages FlatRemixSpinBase (the light and dark varients and app icons) and FlatRemixSpin2 (the different color folders). They will conflict with the old FlatRemixSpin package because they hold the same files. There is also FlatRemixSpin3 which holds the icons for the 21.2.4 series and future series until it gets to big and a new package will be created. Both FlatRemixSpin2 and FlatRemixSpin3 have FlatRemixSpinBase as a depend so it only gets installed once.
As for applying the theme its in a few different places
Icons - Preferences > Lxqt Settings > Appearance > Icon Theme tab
GTK - Preferences > Lxqt Settings > Appearance > Widget theme tab
Kvantum - Preferences > Lxqt Settings > Appearance > Kvantum Manager > Change Delete Theme
Wallpaper - Click on desktop and select Desktop Preferences > Background tab. Click browse and navigate to /usr/share/backgrounds/usplash-21.2.4/
You will need the following packages to select the theme SpinThemeDarkGreen7, usplash-21.2.4, lightdm-spins-lxqt-greeter-21.2.4, and grub-theme-sbk-lxqt-21.2.4. You will need to uninstall the greeter and grub theme first. It might also uninstall lightdm. Make sure you reinstall it before rebooting.