SbK Lxqt 21.1 Release - Updated iso's added

I am very pleased to announce the release of SbK Lxqt 21.1.

SbK is back after a short break. I ended up wiping the OS/build environment on my nas/build server while trying to format a new hard drive on a cli system. Lucky 80% was backed up, but the backup was at least 6 months old. I think the new build environment will be better than the old one. Most of the bugs have already been worked out. But 6 month old build profiles will always have a few to deal with.

Both versions of this release include

1. The 5.10.56 linux kernel which is the latest LTS kernel.
  2. Lxqt improvements like making xarchiver work better with pcmanfm-qt.
  3. Improved visual effects.
  4. A basic Conky with a Dark Rose color theme to match the other themes.
  5. The new KvDarkRose is a kvantum theme with matching gtk theme in one package.
  6. The FlatRemix icons package was completely redesigned to eliminate duplication where possible. The new FlatRemixSpin package has a Rose icon set.
  7. There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme.
  8. A lot of package updates since the 21.0.5 release. The release is up to date as of 8/10/2021.

They also contain the standard SbK features.

1. The latest LTS stable kernel.
  2. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
  3. Multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
  4. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
  5. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
  6. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
  7. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
  8. The Manjaro-Architect script is installed on all iso’s in case you want to build a custom install.

Updated signed iso’s with the new repository enabled can be found here.

As always comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome.

Jim

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to just use ark with pcmanfm-qt, since they are both qt-based?

1 Like

The problem with Ark, at least the last version I used with Lxqt, is that it doesnt integrate well. Extract Here doesnt work. Since my spins come with a theme package that includes matching kvantum and gtk themes xarchiver looks ok. My hope in the end is the Lxqt project puts more work into the native lxqt archiver package. Right now its alpha and very buggy.

Its been a bit since I tried Ark. I installed it just to check and it looks like Extrat Here works now with pacmanfm-qt. I will make the change to Ark with the next version. Thanks for bringing this up.

1 Like

I have uploaded new signed iso’s with the new repository enabled.

They can be found here.

Jim