I am very pleased to announce the release of SbK Lxqt 21.1.
SbK is back after a short break. I ended up wiping the OS/build environment on my nas/build server while trying to format a new hard drive on a cli system. Lucky 80% was backed up, but the backup was at least 6 months old. I think the new build environment will be better than the old one. Most of the bugs have already been worked out. But 6 month old build profiles will always have a few to deal with.
Both versions of this release include
- The 5.10.56 linux kernel which is the latest LTS kernel.
- Lxqt improvements like making xarchiver work better with pcmanfm-qt.
- Improved visual effects.
- A basic Conky with a Dark Rose color theme to match the other themes.
- The new KvDarkRose is a kvantum theme with matching gtk theme in one package.
- The FlatRemix icons package was completely redesigned to eliminate duplication where possible. The new FlatRemixSpin package has a Rose icon set.
- There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme.
- A lot of package updates since the 21.0.5 release. The release is up to date as of 8/10/2021.
They also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS stable kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- Multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- The Manjaro-Architect script is installed on all iso’s in case you want to build a custom install.
As always comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome.