I am happy to announce the release of SbK Gnome 22.1.0.
The “SpinsbyKilz.com ” watermark is not present in the installed desktop.
My internet was down most of Monday morning, so it delayed building the Gnome release. Still better late than never.
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.15.104 LTS kernel.
- The following Gnome shell extensions are installed and used:
Dash to Dock
Hide Top bar (The top bar is hiddin by default. Moving the cursor to the top edge will show it.)
Desktop Icons NG (It is enabled. But end users will have to manually set for launchers to be executable, or trusted. Until then they will have the generic launcher icon and will only open as a text file.)
- Minimize and Maximize window controls.
- The Gold2 shell theme based on Rounded Rectangle thats been heavily modified.
- The New KoraSpin-Gold icon theme with light and dark versions.
- The new SpinThemeDarkGtold5 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-22.1.0 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- LightDM instead of GDM with lightlocker screen locking.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 4/3/2023.
- Gnome icon in dock to bring up applications. Its color matches the shell theme.
- A LibAdwaita Gold5 theme. Please visit LibAdwaita for more information and other color options.
- An optional Firefox theme, SbK Dark Gold5, that matches the color scheme is available at Browser Themes just click on the image in Firefox to install it.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit Checking
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. To get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after finishing the custom install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
A full and very minimal iso can be found here.
As always comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome.
Mate Compiz is likely next.