SbK Gnome 21.1 Release - Updated iso's

I am very pleased to announce the release of SbK Gnome 21.1.

I really like how this one looks, a lot of the theming was done a few weeks ago. Gnome is one of the harder ones to build and get right so it takes some time.

Both iso’s in this release include:

1. The 5.10.56 LTS kernel.
  2. The following Gnome shell extensions are installed and used:
    Dash to Dock
    Hide Top bar (The top bar is hiddin by default. Moving the cursor to the top edge will show it.)
    Desktop Icons NG (It is enabled. But end users wil have to manually set for launchers to be executable, or trusted. Until then they will have the generic launcher icon and will only open as a text file.)
  3. Minimize and Maximixe window controls.
  4. The New FlatRemixSpin-Teal icon theme with light and dark versions.
  5. The new KvSpinDarkTeal2 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
  6. 3 new desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
  7. LightDM instead of GDM with lightlocker screen locking.
  8. Lots of updates since the 21.0.7 release. The iso’s are up to date as of 8/12/2021.

Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.

1. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
  2. It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
  3. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
  4. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
  5. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
  6. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
  7. The latest long term support kernel
  8. All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. Any Manjaro user can add it, here is a page on how to add the http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html.

A full and very minimal iso can be found here.

As always comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome.

Jim

Xfce-Compiz is next, but its going to be a couple of days.

2 Likes

I have added new iso’s that are signed with the new key and have the new repository enabled.

I just uploaded a newer Dash to Dock extension than whats in the Manjaro repositories to the SbK repository. Uninstall the Manjaro one, install the SbK one and log in and out to remove the shadow.