SbK Deepin 20.1

Hi Hi,
Its been some time since the last SbK release. To kick off the 20.1 series I am pleased to announce SbK Deepin 20.1.

I mentioned a Deepin release awhile back on the old forum. Since Deepin has upgraded since then I thought it was time to make a Deepin spin.

This release includes

1. The 5.4.64 linux kernel which is a LTS kernel.
  2. There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme. Users of other SbK spin installs can use the new themes, search for “sbk 201” without quotes to find the new lightdm and grub theme (dont use the live one).
  3. This spin uses the Waterfox current browser. I have been using Waterfox current for over a year and like it a lot. It will become the default browser of other gtk based desktop spins. It is based on Firefox with no tracking.
  4. 5 new wallpapers have been added. One is used for the grub, login, and desktop.
  5. The dark Deepin theme is enabled by default.

It also contains the standard SbK features.

1. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
  2. Multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
  3. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
  4. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
  5. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
  6. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.

A full and minimal iso can be downloaded here…

The package selection of most spins is being looked at and I am looking at making it similar between spins that use the same toolkit. Deepin uses both Gtk and Qt, so it will likely be a lot different than the rest.
Sadly I was unable to sign in on my old account on this site and couldnt remake it with the same name. So this is the new one. Same sites elsewhere.

As always comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome, just post below.

Jim

Neither the full or minimal detects my wireless card. All my neighbors show up. Some pop up and then disappear. Bizarre. I used to see this kind of behaviour a few years ago but Linux became quite good at wireless detection.
Not surprised. Deepin will never get out of beta. Ive played around with various other versions of Deepin and and they are all plagued with problems.
Not blaming you Jim B and all your hard work…

Sadly wireless setups are not one of my strong points, my house is mostly wired and there is only one laptop in the house… To be honest Deepin is buggy and I mainly made this spin to let people try it.
Just a curious question, do any of my other spins have the same issue?