I am happy to announce the release of SbK Cinnamon 22.1.0.
The SpinsbyKilz.com watermark is not in the installed OS.
Cinnamon also has a minimal iso with a panel instead of a dock.
I hope everyone had a great Easter.
I really like how Cinnamon turned out. To me, its one of the best of this release series.
All iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.15.105 LTS kernel.
- The New KoraSpin-Tan3 icon theme with light and dark versions of the control icons. It is part of the KoraSpin-22.1.0 package
- The new SpinThemeDarkLime4 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-22.1.0 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- The Tan3 Cinnamon theme in the panel iso is new.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 4/8/2023.
- An optional Firefox theme, SbK Dark Tan, that matches the color scheme is available at https://spins.tuxfamily.org/ffthemes.html just click on the image in Firefox to install it.
All iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed…
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK http://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- A basic Conly with matching color theme.
As always comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Thats it for the 22.1.0 release series. The next series will see changes to the gtk theme for Pantheon and the base theme might be used on all the releases.