Saved Session doesnt work for brave browser

Hey guys,
i wondered if it needs some special installation to be able to restore windows at start. It looks like firefox windows are restored as expected on restart but brave browser doesn`t work. So i think maybe its because firefox was preinstalled or are there other reasons maybe?
cheers

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.81.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.34-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 12 × Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 15,5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

It doesn’t have anything to do with applications being preinstalled. Brave uses the GTK widget toolkit, whereas KDE Plasma is built upon the Qt widget toolkit. GTK doesn’t work well together with Qt.

Firefox is also GTK-based, but at least it seems to honor the Plasma settings. Brave apparently does not. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

ah okay i see thx. so which browser would you recommend? i need some charts to reappear on my screen and the PWA functionality to ‘install’ websites too look like native apps.

I can’t really recommend any particular browser, because they all have their pros and cons. Right now I’m using Chromium, and it’s an excellent browser, but I passionately hate Google as a company. I also have firefox-appmenu from the AUR installed because I’m using the global menu in Plasma, but I don’t use Firefox very often.

Next to that, I also have Falkon, which is the KDE-native browser ─ based upon Chromium ─ as well as Pale Moon, which is a Firefox fork that uses the old user interface of Firefox 2.x and earlier, and which may render web pages slightly differently because its rendering engine isn’t the same anymore as in Firefox proper.

They all have their purposes, and the plugins may differ between browsers, which makes it interesting for when a particular page doesn’t render or behave properly.

Firefox + correct plugins
Epiphany (Gnome browser)
eventually unggogle chromium (??? I doubt)
Brave is a bloatware, check threads on this.