Saitek Radio Panel Acts as a Mouse

Team,

For X-Plane, I use a radio panel, however, this Saitek Radio Panel is being detected as a mouse, which means it is making clicks. I tried setting up a rule in #/usrshare/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-saitekpanels.conf:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Saitek Radio"
MatchProduct "Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel"
Option "ButtonMapping" "0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0"
EndSection 

Using the above causes the OS to not boot.

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Saitek Radio"
MatchProduct "Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel"
Option "Ignore" "true"
EndSection

Allows the system to boot, but did not stop the device from acting like a mouse.

Since these have not worked. I checked MHWD and got this as the output from MHWD:

22: USB 00.0: 0000 Unclassified device
SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.3/0000:02:00.0/usb1/1-6/1-6.4/1-6.4:1.0
SysFS BusID: 1-6.4:1.0
Hardware Class: unknown
Model: "Saitek PLC Pro Flight Radio Panel"
Hotplug: USB
Vendor: usb 0x06a3 "Saitek PLC"
Device: usb 0x0d05 "Pro Flight Radio Panel"
Revision: "1.07"
Driver: "usbhid"
Driver Modules: "usbhid"
Device File: /dev/input/event27
Device Files: /dev/input/event27, /dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_Logitech_Flight_Radio_Panel-event-mouse, /dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:02:00.0-usb-0:6.4:1.0-event-mouse
Device Number: char 13:91
Speed: 12 Mbps
Module Alias: "usb:v06A3p0D05d0107dc00dsc00dp00ic03isc00ip00in00"
Driver Info #0:
Driver Status: usbhid is active
Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe usbhid"
Attached to: #11 (Hub)

Is there a proper way to change what MHWD is seeing? I tried removing the mouse events and they auto regenerate.

Through further digging, it still gets detected as a mouse, however, I was able to bypass it using:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "Saitek Radio Panel"
    MatchProduct "Logitech Logitech Flight Radio Panel"
    Option "ButtonMapping" "0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0"
EndSection

I had been trying several variations and the above still has one button act like a scroll wheel tick upwards, but only outside in a browser. It wasn’t till I dug more into the definitions in the hwdb that I realized that the names and info from lsusb was different and that getting the name and info from /proc/bus/input/devices would allow that to match and work.

Seems like with the latest update and a fresh install, this no longer is the case, so this bug still exists. Anyone here know much about UDEV stuff?