Rtl8192eu - Headers for kernel 5.4.181-2-MANJARO cannot be found

1. downloaded GitHub - clnhub/rtl8192eu-linux: Realtek rtl8192eu official Linux driver v5.2.19.1
  2. Arch Linux - dkms 3.0.3-1 (any)
  3. sudo ./install_auto wifi driver in folder / OR make , make install too NOT WORK.
    how fix that, without ENTHERNET ? i can only use windows10, to download any files!

Error! Your kernel headers for kernel 5.4.181-2-MANJARO cannot be found at /usr/lib/modules/5.4.181-2-MANJARO/build or /usr/lib/modules/5.4.181-2-MANJARO/source. You can use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it’s located.

Install the headers pamac install linux54-headers

1 Like

Hi @198, and welcome!

That means exactly what it says, the kernel headers for your kernel isn’t installed. Since there are drivers for the in the AUR:

$ pamac search rtl8192eu                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

8192eu-dkms-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                         r136.6a758d5-1  AUR
Driver for the Realtek 8192eu chipset (DKMS)
8192eu-dkms                                                                                                                                                                                                                             114.6d2705d-1   AUR
Driver for the Realtek 8192eu chipset (DKMS)
rtl8192eu-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                           118.1628c74-1   AUR
Drivers for the rtl8192eu chipset for wireless adapters (D-Link DWA-131).
rtl8192eu                                                                                                                                                                                                                               4.4.1-3         AUR
Driver for the Realtek8192eu chipset.

It’s probably best to install it with pamac. It’ll make sure all dependencies for it is being installed as well. I recommend the -dkms version, as that will survive kerneel changes as well.

First ensure the kernel headers for your kernels are installed:

pamac install $(pamac list --quiet --installed | grep "^linux[0-9]*[-rt]*$" | awk '{print $1"-headers"}' ORS=' ')

Then install the drivers:

pamac build 8192eu-dkms

Hope this helps!

Is there an option to install without internet connection?
I have a single network - through this device
is it possible to download everything from windows 10?
and then just install it?
if so, what do you need to download so that you can install the driver, without a network at Linux?

There is a way. You’d need to download the headers, the dkms package, and the driver, along with it’s dependencies, then manually install them. I don’t know how, as I’ve never done it, but see:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository

But I suspect the best would be some temporary connection method. Well, that what I’d have done.

Edit:

Perhaps @linux-aarhus has a better idea, since he’s quite the expert.

i dk what wrong :(((((((((9999
i instaleld headers! but! not work! again that error code!
maybe no need install? maybe need add location headers??
why i cant add screnshots -___-

Is there any “open driver”? which is easier to install?
just without a network is not an option
the driver that is in the distribution by default cannot connect to the network (((

Works for me :rocket: