RStudio installs but show error 2 for missing file

Hi, all

I just build and failed the package according to hopimet comments here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rstudio-desktop-bin.

However, even I followed the exact instructions there, and also installed r-openssl, I still get this message when I open the application:

## R Session Startup Failure Report

### RStudio Version

RStudio 2022.12.0+353 "Elsbeth Geranium " (7d165dcf, 2022-12-03) for Ubuntu Bionic

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) rstudio/2022.12.0+353 Chrome/102.0.5005.167 Electron/19.1.3 Safari/537.36

### Error message

[No error available]

### Process Output

The R session exited with code 127. 

Error output:

/usr/lib/rstudio/resources/app/bin/rsession: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Standard output:

[No output emitted]

### Logs

*/home/$USER/.local/share/rstudio/log/rsession-simonapetra.log*

2022-12-02T02:37:22.814058Z [rsession-simonapetra] ERROR system error 2 (No such file or directory) [path: , dcf-file: ]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::FilePath::openForRead(std::shared_ptr<std::basic_istream<char> >&) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:1462; LOGGED FROM: void rstudio::session::projects::{anonymous}::syncProjectFileChanges() src/cpp/session/projects/SessionProjects.cpp:511
2022-12-02T02:37:22.814058Z [rsession-simonapetra] ERROR system error 2 (No such file or directory) [path: , dcf-file: ]; OCCURRED AT rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::FilePath::openForRead(std::shared_ptr<std::basic_istream<char> >&) const src/cpp/shared_core/FilePath.cpp:1462; LOGGED FROM: void rstudio::session::projects::{anonymous}::syncProjectFileChanges() src/cpp/session/projects/SessionProjects.cpp:511

What can I do to install RStudio correctly?

Hello,

Read the comment from hopimet on the AUR page you just shared.

openssl 1.0 is no longer in the repo - openssl 3 is the new package

Pretty sure that file is provided by the openssl-1.1 package, which can be found in the repo.

1 Like

now I am confused - there has been a lot of mention of openssl 1 being moved to aur and being replaced with openssl 3

Now I realize my mistake - 1.0 has been deprecated and moved to AUR but 1.1 is still in the repo.

1 Like

Hi, bogdan @bogdancovaciu

I have read it, as I stated previously.

Thank you VERY MUCH!
That worked!

Thank you, @linux-aarhus

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.