Rofi uses ignores XkbVariant layout and stops working with ctrl:swapcaps enabled

I recently switched back to using the AwesomeWM with Manjaro theming (running kernel 5.11.2-1 and awesome v4.3) and have noticed that rofi does not use my system’s keyboard layout variant as declared in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf. I use the Workman layout, but rofi switches back to QWERTY whenever it is launched.

I also find that if I add "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps", then rofi does not load at all when my modkey is pressed, but the system layout is switched to QWERTY until I press the modkey again.

If anyone has ideas on how to solve these issues or why they are happening, their help would be much appreciated. Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

I fixed this issue. Apparently, autorun.sh has a line that maps the modkey to the key combination to run rofi (run xcape -e 'Super_L=Super_L|Control_L|Escape'). Once this is removed/commented out, everything functions as expected and rofi uses my designated layout variation and I can use "XkbOptions" : "ctrl:swapcaps". I do not know why this line in autorun.sh caused this issue, but it resolves the issue if anyone else runs into it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.