I’m getting the error warning: (process:53939): Rofi-WARNING **: 16:03:28.768: Failed to set locale.
I already checked the locale.conf and the locale.gen but they are okay
also the command export LC_ALL=“C” does fix but only for the terminal in which i enter the command
if i write in the .bashrc or the .bash_profile it does not help any suggestions how to fix this ?
I already did that. I have enabled en_US.UTF-8 and de_DE.UTF-8
because that are the 2 i use in my locale.conf but the problem is not solved
( also what’s confusing me if i build the locale with locale-gen it says it does only build
en_US.UTF-8 and de_DE.UTF-8 but when i compare locale -a and localectl then
locale -a gives me an output with all available locale options and not just the ones that should be installed )
Okay thanks for the informations.
the output of my localectl and grep -v ^# /etc/locale.gen are equall
the only differents i can see is that in the localectl gives this output en_US.UTF-8 and in
grep -v ^# /etc/locale.gen en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8 but that’S the only way locale.gen can generate the locale
any suggestions what is wrong ?
That’s just because i would highlight that the UTF-8 has to be written twice in the locale.gen and i don’t know if it causes problems if it’s only written twice there and not in locale.conf but i have both added DE and US ^^
the plasma-localerc is looking fine
( also how can I send pictures in this forum because the manjaro forum tells me I can’t put pictures in my
messages because. I want to show you guys my configs maybe you spot something i don’t see yet )
there is everywhere a # before everything the only two enabled things are en_US and de_DE
and they are from default enabled by calamares and even if I generate everything new with sudo locale-gen then the output is:
but localectl list-locales still lists everything
( I checked this at the beginning of my problem and right now again )
Sorry man but I say just what my outputs are the console tells when generating everythings normal in the editor everything is normal but when I use localectl list-locales it’s a completely wrong output
$ localectl --help
localectl [OPTIONS...] COMMAND ...
Query or change system locale and keyboard settings.
status Show current locale settings
set-locale LOCALE... Set system locale
list-locales Show known locales
set-keymap MAP [MAP] Set console and X11 keyboard mappings
list-keymaps Show known virtual console keyboard mappings
set-x11-keymap LAYOUT [MODEL [VARIANT [OPTIONS]]]
Set X11 and console keyboard mappings
list-x11-keymap-models Show known X11 keyboard mapping models
list-x11-keymap-layouts Show known X11 keyboard mapping layouts
Show known X11 keyboard mapping variants
list-x11-keymap-options Show known X11 keyboard mapping options
-h --help Show this help
--version Show package version
--no-pager Do not pipe output into a pager
--no-ask-password Do not prompt for password
-H --host=[USER@]HOST Operate on remote host
-M --machine=CONTAINER Operate on local container
--no-convert Don't convert keyboard mappings
See the localectl(1) man page for details.
Example from my system
$ cat /etc/locale.gen
# Configuration file for locale-gen
# lists of locales that are to be generated by the locale-gen command.
# Each line is of the form:
# <locale> <charset>
# where <locale> is one of the locales given in /usr/share/i18n/locales
# and <charset> is one of the character sets listed in /usr/share/i18n/charmaps
# The locale-gen command will generate all the locales,
# placing them in /usr/lib/locale.
# A list of supported locales is given in /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED
# and is included in this file. Uncomment the needed locales below.
# Locales enabled by Calamares