REW, VituixCAD2, Hornresp and other

This is my first post, so hello to everyon. I’m rather a computer noob in general, though I think Linux may also be suited for noobs like me. I love Manjaro so far. The However, I’m not able to install some of my most frequently used apps.
Does someone here run REW (RoomEQWizard), VituixCAD2, Hornresp, or DATS (Dayton Audio Test System)?

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

• roomeqwizard is available from the AUR ─ see farther down.

• I don’t know VituixCAD2 ─ I presume that’s a Windows application? ─ but as an alternative, you could use freecad, which is availble from the AUR.

• I am not familar with Hornresp, and no such package exists in the repo or in the AUR.

• Dayton Audio Test System is neither in the repo nor in the AUR, but there is plenty of other specialized audio software in there, so perhaps you can find an alternative?

As for installing roomeqwizard, issue the following command in a terminal, and let it finish completely… :arrow_down:

pamac build roomeqwizard 
1 Like

Thank you very much. I tried to install REW. It faild because of this:

No suitable Java Virtual Machine could be found on your system.
The version of the JVM must be at least 1.7 and at most 1.8.
Please define INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME to point to a suitable JVM.

Being new to Linux, I don’t quite know what to do besides randomly search for and install any java stuff that sounds suitable. However, I guess, this will do more harm than good.

That is strange, because jre-openjdk and jre-openjdk-headless should come installed on your system by default.

Maybe there’s a version mismatch, but the two packages I’ve just mentioned are at version 14 in a fully updated system, and I don’t know how that relates to the JVM the program demands. :man_shrugging: