Restart instead shutdown dual boot

i think i should deal with this problem

i think you should first undo this

and then install yay

then install laptop-mode-tools using command;

$ yay -S laptop-mode-tools

agree to all required dependency installations if any and then reboot and see if it solves the reboot issue. if it does and you see the boot process taking significantly longer to boot, then;

open file /etc/default/grub

$ sudo nano /etc/default/grub

find line reading GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=…, at the end of line append this;

nvidia-drm.modeset=1

CTRL + S to save and CTRL + X to exit

then run;

$ sudo update-grub

and reboot.

why i cant install laptop toold

Because you will seldom get answer, if you keep posting pictures instead of text :wink:

Because you did not follow the instructions that were given, maybe. Do not run makepkg as root. I don’t see why you need yay, anyway. Your choice, I guess. The command as posted above is:

$ yay -S laptop-mode-tools

or

pamac build laptop-mode-tools

Why not explain it clearer, he is clearly not that used to terminal use or linux!

@darky2000 you miss-typed the fist attempt to install, you missed the “s” and then ran the same command but adding sudo, but in that command you included the trailing s.

use
pamac build laptop-mode-tools
instead, it is the built in package handler for manjaro.

If people are asking for logs, copy the text from your terminal by marking it with your mouse and then right clicking and choose copy.
Then click the “preformated text” (</>) here at the top of the window you are typing your response and paste the text in between.

If you have further questions, please ask!
If you feel you have found your sollution here in the thread, it is always nice for the forum if you mark the post you found as “sollution”. That way it will be included in your original post so other users who have a similar problem as you will find the correct post containing the solution immediately. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To install laptop-mode-tools from the AUR, you should first install the base-devel package (“basic tools to build Manjaro Linux packages”).

pamac install base-devel
1 Like

:blue_heart: thanks :)

   ~  pamac install base-devel                                         ✔ 
Preparing...
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.manjaro.pamac.commit ====
Authentication is required to install, update, or remove packages
Authenticating as: darky
Password: 
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing core.db...                                                           
Refreshing extra.db...                                                          
Refreshing community.db...                                                      
2.6 MB/7.3 MB                                                                   
http://ftp.belnet.be/mirrors/manjaro/repos/stable/community/x86_64/community.db: Socket I/O timed out
238.5 kB/7.3 MB                                                                 
http://manjaro.ucom.am/stable/community/x86_64/community.db: Socket I/O timed out
https://manjaro.ynh.ovh/stable/community/x86_64/community.db: Socket I/O timed out
https://manjaro.mirrors.lavatech.top/stable/community/x86_64/community.db: Socket I/O timed out
https://mirror.ibakerserver.pt/manjaro/stable/community/x86_64/community.db: Peer failed to perform TLS handshake: Error receiving data: Connection reset by peer
https://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/manjaro/stable/community/x86_64/community.db: Peer failed to perform TLS handshake: Error receiving data: Connection reset by peer
https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/manjaro/stable/community/x86_64/community.db: Socket I/O timed out

and its still running idk how to stop it

<

Preformatted text    ~   pamac build laptop-mode-tools                                   ✔ 
Preparing...
Cloning laptop-mode-tools build files...
Generating laptop-mode-tools information...
Checking laptop-mode-tools dependencies...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To build (1):
  laptop-mode-tools  1.74-1    AUR

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] y

==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.manjaro.pamac.commit ====
Authentication is required to install, update, or remove packages
Authenticating as: darky
Password: 
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====

Building laptop-mode-tools...
==> Making package: laptop-mode-tools 1.74-1 (Sun 04 Jun 2023 03:58:33 PM +0330)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found laptop-mode-tools-1.74.tar.gz
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    laptop-mode-tools-1.74.tar.gz ... Passed
==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory...
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting laptop-mode-tools-1.74.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Removing existing $pkgdir/ directory...
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
/var/tmp/pamac-build-darky/laptop-mode-tools/PKGBUILD: line 65: make: command not found
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
    ~ 

Is because you never got base-devel installed

Did you get disconnected from the internet when trying to install base-devel?

Something happened here…

Try the whole procedure again but first make sure you are connected to the internet.

i think i know what is the problem theres a internet blocking in my country so we cant open any website but we use vpn and idk how to use vpn on manjaro i have vless config but dont know how to setup like android we use v2rayng

I’m sorry, that is above what I can help with I think.
There is a package called v2ray in the community repository and if you click the instructions on the github page it seems to be in mandarin, not sure, I never had the time to learn the language. xD

thank you but can you tell me how can i download and install and use this thing

As I said, It is above my knowledge. I can’t even read the Documentation or Newcomer’s Instructions

Maybe someone else can help, but start with reading those and see if you can figure something out from there.

1 Like

oh thxyou :blue_heart:

There is apparently a button to change language.

Do you think you have all the information about the server (I’m suspecting you are connecting to a server somewhere)? Server address and port?

If you do, I’m guessing you can just install it (if you can install this, you can’t install other programs it seems?)

This time you use the command install instead of build with pamac because it is NOT in the AUR repository. (you can run pamac search v2ray to search for the package before you install)
But to install you run:

pamac install v2ray

Then follow the instructions on the novice guide page to change the config file in /etc/v2ray/config.json and change what is needed (I think you should do the client part)

Run with:
v2ray --config=/etc/v2ray/config.json
and check what info you get from that.

Do this at your own risk, I have no idea of how this program works, I have only read the instructions on the github page.

1 Like