I was playing a wine game that crashed. After that my screen resolution was lowered. I went to KDE settings and it says that my resolution is still 1920x1080.
I tried rebooting and after I boot my resolution is 1920x1080 for a few seconds and than it is lowered.
Edit: “this isn’t true I made a mistake (I noticed that compositing isn’t working either.)”
I ran xrandr and inxi -GSaz commands and it says that I have 1920x1080 resolution and that I am using nvidia drivers.
$ xrandr Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1600 x 900, maximum 32767 x 32767 DVI-D-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) HDMI-0 connected primary 1600x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 520mm x 290mm 1920x1080 60.00 + 59.94 50.00 1680x1050 59.95 1600x900 60.00* 1440x900 59.89 1280x1024 60.02 1280x800 59.81 1280x720 60.00 59.94 50.00 1024x768 70.07 60.00 800x600 72.19 60.32 56.25 720x576 50.00 720x480 59.94 640x480 72.81 59.94 DP-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
$ inxi -GSaz perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LANGUAGE = "", LC_ALL = (unset), LC_MONETARY = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_MEASUREMENT = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_TIME = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_ADDRESS = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_TELEPHONE = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_IDENTIFICATION = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_NUMERIC = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_NAME = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LC_PAPER = "sl_SI.UTF-8", LANG = "en_SI.UTF-8" are supported and installed on your system. perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C"). System: Kernel: 6.1.29-1-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 12.2.1 parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-6.1-x86_64 root=UUID=61f6613f-cf36-4f91-bbe6-ea9f368721af rw quiet resume=UUID=ce62320f-2e92-4e85-b9ee-bffa47381216 sysrq_always_enabled=1 Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.27.4 tk: Qt v: 5.15.9 wm: kwin_x11 vt: 1 dm: SDDM Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux Graphics: Device-1: NVIDIA TU106 [GeForce GTX 1650] vendor: ASUSTeK driver: nvidia v: 530.41.03 alternate: nouveau,nvidia_drm non-free: 530.xx+ status: current (as of 2023-05) arch: Turing code: TUxxx process: TSMC 12nm FF built: 2018-22 pcie: gen: 3 speed: 8 GT/s lanes: 16 bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:1f0a class-ID: 0300 Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.8 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: X: loaded: nvidia gpu: nvidia display-ID: :0 screens: 1 Screen-1: 0 s-res: 1600x900 s-dpi: 94 s-size: 432x243mm (17.01x9.57") s-diag: 496mm (19.51") Monitor-1: HDMI-0 res: 1600x900 hz: 60 dpi: 78 size: 520x290mm (20.47x11.42") diag: 595mm (23.44") modes: N/A API: OpenGL v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 530.41.03 renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2 direct-render: Yes
I updated my system which also updated my graphics drivers but the problem persists.
I tried searching online for similar cases but couldn’t find any.
Thank you for your help in advance.