Reset XFCE4 panel to Manjaro default?

I did some tinkering with the XFCE4 panel and got it buggered up. I somehow ended up with 2 panels, which was unintentional. How can I change the config back to the Manjaro default?

1 Like

Hi there, you can copy the default layout from

etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml

to your own config folder in /home.

Edit: Typo.

2 Likes

that would actually be:
/etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml

(the leading slash was missing)

so:
cp /etc/skel/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml

would be the command to copy the original, overwriting the present one

perhaps easier to do using a file manager for someone not familiar with the command line …

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks. That worked.

I should mention here that this requires a restart afterward. I tried just logging out, but the change didn’t happen until after restarting.

Also, no big deal to me, but the Manjaro icon for the Whisker menu was changed to the XFCE mouse icon. It can easily be changed by right-clicking the Whisker menu icon, selecting Properties, go to the Appearance tab, and clicking the icon will bring up the available icons. Searching for ‘Manjaro’ will filter for the relevant icon.

a logout and login again would have sufficed

Even better would have been had you done this file replacement from a TTY while being logged out of the Xfce session.

… some files (not this one) can only be changed when the session manager isn’t running
else the intended change will not be done

You’re saying logging out and logging in twice would have done it?

I copied the file, logged out, loogged in. No change. Restarted and the change was there.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.