Replace grub-update with core/update-grub? [Y/n]

Rolling release 12/23/23 presented me with this option. “Replace grub-update with core/update-grub”. Would this change be better? Why would I replace grub-update with core/update-grub? I have read that it is no problem, but more accounts speak of things breaking, but not specific to this scenario. Legacy BIOS.

1 Like

There is no problem - just a change in package layout - nothing else.

1 Like

My system did not boot because of this change. I’m on the testing repository

Are you sure this was the reason?
It pretty much just changes the name and dependencies.

2 Likes

grub has been updated it self - so I suspect it is an inconsistency.

It is advised to run grub-install and regenerate config to ensure all parts of grub is up-to-date and in sync.

As grub is now at 2.12, before restarting your system, it is advised to run grub-install to ensure all parts of grub is up-to-date. See our wiki for more details: GRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro

[Stable Update] 2023-12-23 - Kernels, Grub, Mate, Deepin, Cinnamon, ICU, KDE Frameworks - #2 by philm

Yesterday I upgraded to the new grub and I had no problem. This morning I only had this change to upgrade so yes I’m sure something is wrong here.
The message was “I should load the kernel first”.
I had to reset a back-up to get the computer to boot.

grub-install
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
grub-install: warning: disk does not exist, so falling back to partition device /dev/nvme0n1p1.
grub-install: warning: disk does not exist, so falling back to partition device /dev/nvme0n1p1.
grub-install: error: disk `hostdisk//dev/nvme0n1p1’ not found.

EDIT: i did “sudo update-grub” before the upgrade and everything seems ok now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how does … oh whatever. if you’re happy I wont waste my time.

1 Like

Hm so do some people require extra manual steps before, or after, the update?

I’ve done the procedure from GRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro (manjaro-chroot -a did not work but manually chrooting did). I have a UEFI system (with disabled Secure Boot).

After restarting the GRUB menu would show and when selecting any of the “fallback” boot options I would see the error “symbol grub_is_shim_lock_enabled not available”.

I was worried that I bricked the system… But long story short: somehow the default bootloader by UEFI changed (or my old one was named differently than the now installed --bootloader-id=manjaro?) – so just selecting the correct bootloader (“manjaro”) worked.

2 Likes

Since there are more people coming here …

@kouros17 was (incorrectly) attributing their issue with this change to the packaging of the update-grub scriptlet:

Which if you look at it … is rather impossible.

But there were at around some of the same time … updates to grub … and some users have (for however long) neglected to properly update their grub install.
This is not the same as ‘update-grub’ … but rather would be a string similar to

sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Manjaro --recheck

(Note the path path and bootloader-id is system-dependent. For me it is /efi … for many others it may be /boot/efi)

And was pointed out by @linux-aarhus above:

2 Likes

Can I just ask, I’m a total noob, and don’t expect things that are maintained voluntarily to work flawlessly, but, until the year 2023, I never had issues updating, performed -Syu normally from Konsole.

This year it seems there is an issue every time I update, and things have to be performed manually, and most of the times they don’t work, and I read the announcement but the explanation doesn’t work.

From my total ignorance, I believe things are being organized different now, compared as to before. I will totally accept if someone tells me I have no idea what I’m saying, because I don’t, just feedback from a newby.

I dont know what to tell you except … no ?

Nothing has really changed, and for my part nothing has been extraordinary about regular updates and maintenance.

Havent even had many/important pacnews, while apparently that was big show-stopping news to many users when the [community] repo was retired last year some time.

well, I’m updating the system now again, and again I’m asked the same questions about replacing grub with core/update-grub, and the jdk jre change, and the replacing with qt5 version of the package, all over again. I thought last time I update that was all resolved b uninstalling the jre and keeping and updating the jdk, now all this again. And on top of that, the last update ruined my grub somehow because when I boot I get grub errors like ‘bli.mod’, and then it finally boots. Don’t know like I said, but it used to work without problems, and now I see problems. If I remember correctly you actually helped me last time.

Sounds like you either have unsupported packages and/or you never did the previous update(s)

But I cant know without the actual logs etc.

If you want to open a new thread go ahead, but make sure to include attempted actions and their outputs.

1 Like

Appreciate your help, you are a kind guy, but don’t want to abuse your help, I have to read more and learn more as I go and try things, but it’s too late for today = )

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

1 Like

I did the update with MBR (UEFI/Secure Boot disabled) on both of my systems and no problems.

1 Like

Against my instincts I stood awake, tried updating, my Konsole is now stuck at

(32/32) Updating X fontdir indices…

Nothing is happening, stuck there during the system update, what should I do? I’m afraid to break the system if I quit or try anything.

Help?

( 37/475) upgrading nss                                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
( 38/475) upgrading libksba                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 39/475) upgrading libsecret                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
( 40/475) upgrading gnupg                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
( 41/475) upgrading gpgme                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
( 42/475) upgrading thin-provisioning-tools                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 43/475) upgrading solid5                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
( 44/475) upgrading kcoreaddons5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
( 45/475) upgrading kwidgetsaddons5                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
( 46/475) upgrading kjobwidgets5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
( 47/475) upgrading kdbusaddons5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
( 48/475) upgrading kconfig5                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
( 49/475) upgrading kwindowsystem5                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
( 50/475) upgrading kcrash5                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 51/475) upgrading kglobalaccel5                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
( 52/475) upgrading kauth5                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
( 53/475) upgrading kcodecs5                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
( 54/475) upgrading qt5-declarative                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
( 55/475) upgrading kguiaddons5                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
( 56/475) upgrading ki18n5                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
( 57/475) upgrading kconfigwidgets5                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
( 58/475) upgrading karchive5                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
( 59/475) upgrading kiconthemes5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
( 60/475) upgrading kitemviews5                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
( 61/475) upgrading kxmlgui5                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
( 62/475) upgrading kbookmarks5                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
( 63/475) upgrading libxslt                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 64/475) upgrading libpulse                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for libpulse
    pulse-native-provider: PulseAudio backend [pending]
( 65/475) upgrading gstreamer                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
( 66/475) upgrading gst-plugins-base-libs                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
( 67/475) upgrading gst-plugins-base                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
( 68/475) upgrading knotifications5                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
( 69/475) upgrading kservice5                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
( 70/475) upgrading kwallet5                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
( 71/475) upgrading kcompletion5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
( 72/475) upgrading sonnet5                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 73/475) upgrading ktextwidgets5                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
( 74/475) upgrading kded5                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
( 75/475) upgrading kio5                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
( 76/475) upgrading kpackage5                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
( 77/475) upgrading kdeclarative5                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
( 78/475) upgrading kcmutils5                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
( 79/475) upgrading signon-kwallet-extension                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
( 80/475) upgrading aom                                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
( 81/475) upgrading libtiff                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 82/475) upgrading librsvg                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 83/475) installing libunibreak                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
( 84/475) upgrading libass                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
( 85/475) upgrading openssh                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 86/475) installing rubberband                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
( 87/475) upgrading libssh                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
( 88/475) upgrading onevpl                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
( 89/475) upgrading svt-av1                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 90/475) upgrading v4l-utils                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
( 91/475) upgrading vmaf                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
( 92/475) upgrading lcms2                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
( 93/475) upgrading spirv-tools                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
( 94/475) upgrading glslang                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 95/475) upgrading shaderc                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
( 96/475) upgrading ffmpeg                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for ffmpeg
    frei0r-plugins: Frei0r video effects support [installed]
( 97/475) upgrading qt5-location                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
( 98/475) upgrading noto-fonts                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
( 99/475) upgrading qt5-webengine                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(100/475) upgrading kaccounts-integration                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(101/475) upgrading libakonadi                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(102/475) upgrading liburing                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(103/475) upgrading mariadb-libs                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(104/475) upgrading mariadb-clients                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(105/475) upgrading mariadb                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
:: MariaDB was updated to a new feature release. To update the data run:
     # systemctl restart mariadb.service && mariadb-upgrade -u root -p
(106/475) upgrading akonadi                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(107/475) upgrading ksmtp                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(108/475) upgrading libical                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(109/475) upgrading kcalendarcore5                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(110/475) upgrading kcontacts5                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(111/475) upgrading libkgapi                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(112/475) upgrading qtkeychain-qt5                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(113/475) upgrading kmailtransport                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(114/475) upgrading syntax-highlighting5                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(115/475) upgrading ktextaddons                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(116/475) upgrading kpimtextedit                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(117/475) upgrading kidentitymanagement                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(118/475) upgrading kcalutils                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(119/475) upgrading kmime                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(120/475) upgrading zxing-cpp                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(121/475) upgrading prison5                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(122/475) upgrading attica5                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(123/475) upgrading syndication5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(124/475) upgrading knewstuff5                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(125/475) upgrading grantleetheme                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(126/475) upgrading akonadi-contacts                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(127/475) upgrading libkdepim                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(128/475) upgrading kimap                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(129/475) upgrading kldap                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(130/475) upgrading xapian-core                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(131/475) upgrading akonadi-mime                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(132/475) upgrading kactivities5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(133/475) upgrading kwayland5                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(134/475) upgrading kirigami2                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(135/475) upgrading plasma-framework5                                                                                         [############################################################################] 100%
(136/475) upgrading threadweaver5                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(137/475) upgrading krunner5                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(138/475) upgrading akonadi-search                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(139/475) upgrading purpose5                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(140/475) upgrading pimcommon                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(141/475) upgrading libgravatar                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(142/475) upgrading kmbox                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(143/475) upgrading qgpgme-qt5                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(144/475) upgrading libkleo                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(145/475) upgrading messagelib                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(146/475) upgrading akonadi-calendar                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(147/475) upgrading akonadi-notes                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(148/475) upgrading appstream                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(149/475) installing appstream-qt5                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(150/475) upgrading archlinux-appstream-data                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%(151/475) upgrading kparts5                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(152/475) upgrading kpty5                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(153/475) upgrading ark                                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(154/475) installing libkcddb5                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(155/475) upgrading libkcompactdisc                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(156/475) upgrading audiocd-kio                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(157/475) upgrading poppler                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(158/475) upgrading poppler-qt5                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(159/475) upgrading gettext                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(160/475) upgrading kfilemetadata5                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(161/475) upgrading kidletime5                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(162/475) upgrading lmdb                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(163/475) upgrading baloo5                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(164/475) upgrading baloo-widgets                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(165/475) upgrading blas                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(166/475) upgrading python                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(167/475) upgrading cblas                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(168/475) upgrading lapack                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(169/475) upgrading python-numpy                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(170/475) upgrading boost-libs                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(171/475) upgrading openxr                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(172/475) upgrading jasper                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(173/475) upgrading libraw                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(174/475) upgrading pybind11                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(175/475) upgrading libde265                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(176/475) upgrading libheif                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for libheif
    ffmpeg: hardware decode [installed]
(177/475) upgrading minizip-ng                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(178/475) upgrading openimageio                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(179/475) upgrading openimagedenoise                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(180/475) installing glfw-x11                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(181/475) upgrading python-packaging                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(182/475) upgrading python-typing_extensions                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(183/475) upgrading python-platformdirs                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(184/475) upgrading python-pydantic-core                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(185/475) upgrading python-pydantic                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(186/475) upgrading python-fastjsonschema                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(187/475) upgrading python-trove-classifiers                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(188/475) upgrading python-setuptools                                                                                         [############################################################################] 100%
(189/475) installing dos2unix                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(190/475) upgrading gst-plugins-bad-libs                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(191/475) upgrading tracker3                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(192/475) upgrading gtk-update-icon-cache                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(193/475) installing gtk4                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for gtk4
    evince: Default print preview command
(194/475) installing libadwaita                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(195/475) installing zenity                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(196/475) installing materialx                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(197/475) upgrading openvdb                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(198/475) upgrading level-zero-loader                                                                                         [############################################################################] 100%
(199/475) installing python-shiboken2                                                                                         [############################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for python-shiboken2
    qt5-svg: QtSvg bindings [installed]
    qt5-script: QtScript bindings
    qt5-speech: QtTextToSpeech bindings [installed]
    qt5-websockets: QtWebSockets bindings
    qt5-webengine: QtWebEngine bindings [installed]
    qt5-datavis3d: QtDataVisualization bindings
    qt5-scxml: QtScxml bindings
    qt5-sensors: QtSensors bindings [installed]
    qt5-3d: Qt3D bindings
    qt5-x11extras: QtX11Extras bindings [installed]
    qt5-charts: QtCharts bindings
    qt5-tools: QtHelp bindings [installed]
    qt5-remoteobjects: QtRemoteObjects bindings
    qt5-serialport: QtSerialPort bindings
    qt5-quickcontrols2: QtQuickControls2 bindings [installed]
(200/475) installing pyside2                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for pyside2
    qt5-svg: QtSvg bindings [installed]
    qt5-script: QtScript bindings
    qt5-speech: QtTextToSpeech bindings [installed]
    qt5-websockets: QtWebSockets bindings
    qt5-webengine: QtWebEngine bindings [installed]
    qt5-datavis3d: QtDataVisualization bindings
    qt5-scxml: QtScxml bindings
    qt5-sensors: QtSensors bindings [installed]
    qt5-3d: Qt3D bindings
    qt5-x11extras: QtX11Extras bindings [installed]
    qt5-charts: QtCharts bindings
    qt5-tools: QtHelp bindings [installed]
    qt5-remoteobjects: QtRemoteObjects bindings
    qt5-serialport: QtSerialPort bindings
    qt5-quickcontrols2: QtQuickControls2 bindings [installed]
(201/475) upgrading vulkan-headers                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(202/475) upgrading qt6-translations                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(203/475) upgrading qt6-base                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(204/475) upgrading qt6-declarative                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(205/475) upgrading perl                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(206/475) upgrading shiboken6                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(207/475) upgrading pyside6                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for pyside6
    qt6-webchannel: QtWebChannel bindings
(208/475) installing python-opengl                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(209/475) installing python-markupsafe                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(210/475) installing python-jinja                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for python-jinja
    python-babel: for i18n support
(211/475) installing ninja                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(212/475) installing usd                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(213/475) installing llvm15-libs                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(214/475) installing compiler-rt15                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(215/475) installing clang15                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for clang15
    openmp: OpenMP support in clang with -fopenmp
    llvm15: referenced by some clang headers
(216/475) installing openshadinglanguage                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for openshadinglanguage
    python: the Python module [installed]
(217/475) upgrading python-idna                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(218/475) upgrading python-urllib3                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(219/475) upgrading blender                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(220/475) upgrading bluez                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(221/475) upgrading bluez-qt5                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(222/475) upgrading bluedevil                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(223/475) upgrading bluez-libs                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(224/475) upgrading box2d                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(225/475) upgrading gtk3                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(226/475) upgrading brave-browser                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(227/475) upgrading frameworkintegration5                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for frameworkintegration5
    appstream-qt5: dependency resolving via AppStream [installed]
(228/475) upgrading kdecoration                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(229/475) upgrading breeze-icons                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(230/475) upgrading breeze                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(231/475) upgrading breeze-gtk                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(232/475) upgrading c-ares                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(233/475) upgrading cfitsio                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(234/475) upgrading chromium                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(235/475) upgrading cmake                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(236/475) upgrading electron25                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(237/475) upgrading ripgrep                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(238/475) upgrading code                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(239/475) upgrading cpupower                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(240/475) upgrading opencl-nvidia                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(241/475) upgrading cuda                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(242/475) upgrading dhcpcd                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(243/475) upgrading kdnssd5                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(244/475) upgrading libwbclient                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(245/475) upgrading smbclient                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(246/475) upgrading libkexiv2                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(247/475) upgrading kio-extras                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(248/475) upgrading dolphin                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(249/475) upgrading dolphin-plugins                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(250/475) upgrading faad2                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(251/475) upgrading lua                                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(252/475) upgrading libebml                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(253/475) upgrading vlc                                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for vlc
    gstreamer: for libgst plugins [installed]
    libraw1394: IEEE 1394 access plugin [installed]
    sdl12-compat: SDL image support [installed]
    speexdsp: Speex codec [installed]
(254/475) upgrading elisa                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(255/475) upgrading enchant                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(256/475) upgrading ffmpegthumbs                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(257/475) upgrading qqc2-desktop-style5                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(258/475) upgrading kquickcharts5                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(259/475) upgrading filelight                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(260/475) upgrading firefox                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(261/475) upgrading libmalcontent                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(262/475) upgrading ostree                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(263/475) upgrading libpipewire                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(264/475) upgrading pipewire                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(265/475) upgrading xdg-desktop-portal                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(266/475) upgrading flatpak                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(267/475) upgrading pcsclite                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(268/475) upgrading freerdp                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(269/475) upgrading frei0r-plugins                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(270/475) upgrading libgusb                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(271/475) upgrading protobuf                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(272/475) upgrading protobuf-c                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(273/475) upgrading fwupd                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(274/475) upgrading git                                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(275/475) upgrading gnustep-base                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(276/475) upgrading grub                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for grub
    update-grub: Script to update Grub Menu on Linux Kernel updates [pending]
(277/475) installing update-grub                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
:: Install your bootloader and generate configuration:
     UEFI: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GRUB#Installation
     BIOS: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GRUB#Installation_2
(278/475) upgrading gst-libav                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(279/475) installing zix                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for zix
    zix-docs: for developer documentation
(280/475) upgrading sord                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(281/475) upgrading sratom                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(282/475) upgrading lilv                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for lilv
    python-lilv: for Python bindings
(283/475) upgrading raptor                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(284/475) upgrading imagemagick                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for imagemagick
    libtiff: TIFF support [installed]
(285/475) upgrading gst-plugins-bad                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(286/475) upgrading gst-plugins-good                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(287/475) upgrading gst-plugins-ugly                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(288/475) installing libkdcraw5                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(289/475) upgrading gwenview                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(290/475) upgrading harfbuzz-icu                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(291/475) upgrading intel-gmmlib                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(292/475) upgrading intel-graphics-compiler                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(293/475) upgrading intel-compute-runtime                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(294/475) upgrading intel-ucode                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(295/475) upgrading jq                                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(296/475) upgrading kaccounts-providers                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(297/475) upgrading kactivities-stats5                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(298/475) upgrading kactivitymanagerd                                                                                         [############################################################################] 100%
(299/475) upgrading libavif                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(300/475) upgrading kamera                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(301/475) upgrading ktexteditor5                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(302/475) upgrading kate                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(303/475) upgrading kcalc                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(304/475) upgrading kdav5                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(305/475) upgrading kdesu5                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(306/475) upgrading kde-cli-tools                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(307/475) upgrading kde-gtk-config                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(308/475) upgrading kirigami-addons5                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(309/475) upgrading modemmanager-qt5                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(310/475) upgrading kpeople5                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(311/475) upgrading kdeconnect                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(312/475) upgrading kdegraphics-mobipocket                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(313/475) upgrading kdegraphics-thumbnailers                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(314/475) upgrading kunitconversion5                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(315/475) upgrading kemoticons                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(316/475) upgrading kdelibs4support                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(317/475) upgrading samba                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(318/475) upgrading kdenetwork-filesharing                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(319/475) upgrading xerces-c                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(320/475) upgrading libkolabxml                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(321/475) upgrading knotifyconfig5                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(322/475) upgrading kdepim-runtime                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(323/475) upgrading libksysguard                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(324/475) upgrading ksystemstats                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(325/475) upgrading libqalculate                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(326/475) upgrading kholidays5                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(327/475) upgrading milou                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(328/475) upgrading layer-shell-qt                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(329/475) upgrading libkscreen                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(330/475) upgrading kscreenlocker                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(331/475) upgrading libqaccessibilityclient-qt5                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(332/475) upgrading kwin                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(333/475) upgrading plasma-integration                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(334/475) upgrading kpipewire                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(335/475) upgrading kio-fuse                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(336/475) upgrading qt5-tools                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(337/475) upgrading oxygen-sounds                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(338/475) upgrading plasma-workspace                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(339/475) upgrading kdeplasma-addons                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(340/475) upgrading kdialog                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(341/475) upgrading kdoctools5                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(342/475) upgrading keditbookmarks                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(343/475) upgrading kfind                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(344/475) upgrading systemsettings                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(345/475) installing kgamma                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(346/475) upgrading kjs                                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(347/475) upgrading khtml                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(348/475) upgrading khelpcenter                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(349/475) upgrading khotkeys                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(350/475) upgrading kimageformats5                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(351/475) upgrading libdecor                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for libdecor
    gtk3: gtk3 support [installed]
(352/475) upgrading kinfocenter                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(353/475) upgrading kinit                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(354/475) upgrading kmenuedit                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(355/475) upgrading konsole                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(356/475) upgrading kpmcore                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(357/475) upgrading krdc                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(358/475) upgrading krfb                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(359/475) upgrading poppler-glib                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(360/475) upgrading ksanecore                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(361/475) upgrading kscreen                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(362/475) upgrading ksshaskpass                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(363/475) upgrading ksystemlog                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(364/475) upgrading kwallet-pam                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(365/475) upgrading kwalletmanager                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(366/475) upgrading kwayland-integration                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(367/475) upgrading kwrited                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(368/475) upgrading lib32-openssl                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(369/475) upgrading lib32-curl                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(370/475) upgrading lib32-gettext                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(371/475) upgrading lib32-util-linux                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(372/475) upgrading lib32-glib2                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(373/475) upgrading lib32-harfbuzz                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(374/475) upgrading lib32-icu                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(375/475) upgrading lib32-libdrm                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(376/475) upgrading lib32-libgcrypt                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(377/475) upgrading lib32-libnl                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(378/475) upgrading lib32-libxml2                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(379/475) upgrading lib32-systemd                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(380/475) upgrading lib32-vulkan-icd-loader                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(381/475) upgrading libbpf                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(382/475) upgrading libcdr                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(383/475) upgrading libcurl-compat                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(384/475) upgrading liblangtag                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(385/475) upgrading libe-book                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(386/475) upgrading libimagequant                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(387/475) upgrading libksane                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(388/475) upgrading libmspub                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(389/475) upgrading libpackagekit-glib                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(390/475) upgrading libpamac                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(391/475) upgrading libpamac-flatpak-plugin                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(392/475) upgrading libqxp                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(393/475) upgrading libvisio                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(394/475) installing libcmis                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(395/475) upgrading libzmf                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(396/475) upgrading libreoffice-still                                                                                         [############################################################################] 100%
(397/475) upgrading licenses                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(398/475) upgrading linux-firmware-whence                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
(399/475) upgrading linux-firmware                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(400/475) upgrading mkinitcpio                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(401/475) upgrading linux61                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(402/475) upgrading linux65                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
>>> NOTE, 6.5.13 is the last maintenance release of the 6.5 kernel series.
    This kernel is now marked 'End Of Life' (EOL).

It is recommend to switch to the newer linux66 series:
    'sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux66'

(403/475) upgrading luajit                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(404/475) upgrading mailimporter                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(405/475) upgrading mailcommon                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(406/475) upgrading manjaro-browser-settings                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(407/475) upgrading perl-http-cookies                                                                                         [############################################################################] 100%
(408/475) upgrading mhwd-nvidia                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(409/475) upgrading manjaro-hello                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(410/475) upgrading manjaro-release                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
(411/475) upgrading manjaro-settings-manager                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(412/475) upgrading manjaro-settings-manager-kcm                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(413/475) upgrading manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(414/475) upgrading networkmanager-qt5                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(415/475) upgrading nfsidmap                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(416/475) upgrading nfs-utils                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(417/475) upgrading noto-fonts-emoji                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(418/475) upgrading okular                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(419/475) installing verdict                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(420/475) upgrading opencv                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(421/475) upgrading openresolv                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(422/475) upgrading pkcs11-helper                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(423/475) upgrading openvpn                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(424/475) upgrading oxygen                                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(425/475) upgrading oxygen-icons                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(426/475) upgrading packagekit                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(427/475) upgrading pamac-cli                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(428/475) upgrading pamac-gtk3                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(429/475) upgrading partitionmanager                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(430/475) upgrading plasma-browser-integration                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(431/475) upgrading polkit-kde-agent                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(432/475) upgrading powerdevil                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(433/475) upgrading plasma-desktop                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(434/475) upgrading plasma-nm                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(435/475) upgrading pulseaudio                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(436/475) upgrading plasma-pa                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(437/475) upgrading plasma-systemmonitor                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(438/475) upgrading plasma-thunderbolt                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(439/475) upgrading plasma-workspace-wallpapers                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(440/475) upgrading plymouth                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(441/475) upgrading plymouth-kcm                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(442/475) upgrading print-manager                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(443/475) upgrading pulseaudio-bluetooth                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(444/475) upgrading pulseaudio-zeroconf                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(445/475) upgrading python-attrs                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(446/475) upgrading python-certifi                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(447/475) upgrading python-cryptography                                                                                       [############################################################################] 100%
(448/475) upgrading python-pillow                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(449/475) upgrading qpdf                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(450/475) upgrading qt6-multimedia-gstreamer                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(451/475) upgrading qt6-multimedia                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(452/475) upgrading xorg-server-common                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(453/475) upgrading xorg-server                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(454/475) upgrading sddm-kcm                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(455/475) upgrading skanlite                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(456/475) upgrading sof-firmware                                                                                              [############################################################################] 100%
(457/475) upgrading spectacle                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(458/475) upgrading sudo                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(459/475) upgrading systemd-sysvcompat                                                                                        [############################################################################] 100%
(460/475) upgrading texinfo                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(461/475) upgrading thunderbird                                                                                               [############################################################################] 100%
(462/475) upgrading vte-common                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(463/475) upgrading vte3                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(464/475) upgrading xapp                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
(465/475) upgrading timeshift                                                                                                 [############################################################################] 100%
(466/475) upgrading unarchiver                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(467/475) upgrading vokoscreen                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(468/475) upgrading webkit2gtk                                                                                                [############################################################################] 100%
(469/475) upgrading wine                                                                                                      [############################################################################] 100%
New optional dependencies for wine
    gst-plugins-bad [installed]
    gst-plugins-base [installed]
    gst-plugins-good [installed]
    gst-plugins-ugly [installed]
    lib32-gst-plugins-base
    lib32-gst-plugins-good
    lib32-libcups
    lib32-pcsclite
    pcsclite [installed]
    unixodbc
    wine-gecko
    wine-mono
(470/475) upgrading wxwidgets-common                                                                                          [############################################################################] 100%
(471/475) upgrading wxwidgets-gtk3                                                                                            [############################################################################] 100%
(472/475) upgrading xdg-desktop-portal-kde                                                                                    [############################################################################] 100%
(473/475) upgrading xfsprogs                                                                                                  [############################################################################] 100%
(474/475) upgrading yakuake                                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
(475/475) upgrading zsh-syntax-highlighting                                                                                   [############################################################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
( 1/32) Creating system user accounts...
( 2/32) Registering binary formats...
( 3/32) Updating journal message catalog...
( 4/32) Reloading system manager configuration...
( 5/32) Updating udev hardware database...
( 6/32) Applying kernel sysctl settings...
( 7/32) Creating temporary files...
( 8/32) Reloading device manager configuration...
( 9/32) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(10/32) Updating the MIME type database...
(11/32) Rebuilding certificate stores...
(12/32) Updating module dependencies...
(13/32) Updating linux initcpios...
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux61.preset: 'default'
==> Using default configuration file: '/etc/mkinitcpio.conf'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-6.1-x86_64 -g /boot/initramfs-6.1-x86_64.img --microcode /boot/intel-ucode.img
==> Starting build: '6.1.69-1-MANJARO'
  -> Running build hook: [base]
  -> Running build hook: [udev]
  -> Running build hook: [autodetect]
  -> Running build hook: [modconf]
  -> Running build hook: [block]
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'xhci_pci'
  -> Running build hook: [keyboard]
  -> Running build hook: [keymap]
  -> Running build hook: [consolefont]
==> WARNING: consolefont: no font found in configuration
  -> Running build hook: [plymouth]
  -> Running build hook: [resume]
  -> Running build hook: [filesystems]
  -> Running build hook: [fsck]
==> Generating module dependencies
==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: '/boot/initramfs-6.1-x86_64.img'
==> Image generation successful
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux61.preset: 'fallback'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-6.1-x86_64 -g /boot/initramfs-6.1-x86_64-fallback.img -S autodetect --microcode /boot/intel-ucode.img
==> Starting build: '6.1.69-1-MANJARO'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'qla2xxx'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'qed'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'wd719x'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'bfa'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'qla1280'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'aic94xx'
==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: '/boot/initramfs-6.1-x86_64-fallback.img'
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux65.preset: 'default'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-6.5-x86_64 -g /boot/initramfs-6.5-x86_64.img --microcode /boot/intel-ucode.img
==> Starting build: '6.5.13-7-MANJARO'
  -> Running build hook: [autodetect]
==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: '/boot/initramfs-6.5-x86_64.img'
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux65.preset: 'fallback'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-6.5-x86_64 -g /boot/initramfs-6.5-x86_64-fallback.img -S autodetect --microcode /boot/intel-ucode.img
==> Starting build: '6.5.13-7-MANJARO'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'qla2xxx'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'qed'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'wd719x'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'bfa'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'qla1280'
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: 'aic94xx'
==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: '/boot/initramfs-6.5-x86_64-fallback.img'
(14/32) Updating Kernel initcpios for Nvidia-DRM...
(15/32) Refreshing PackageKit...
(16/32) Updating the appstream cache...
✔ Metadata cache was updated successfully.
(17/32) Updating Grub-Bootmenu
Generating grub configuration file ...
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-6.5-x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-6.5-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-6.5-x86_64-fallback.img
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-6.1-x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-6.1-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-6.1-x86_64-fallback.img
Warning: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.
Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.
Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings ...
Root filesystem isn't btrfs
If you think an error has occurred, please file a bug report at "https://github.com/Antynea/grub-btrfs"
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
Found memtest86+ EFI image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.efi
done
(18/32) Reloading system bus configuration...
(19/32) Warn about old perl modules
(20/32) Copy Firefox Distribution Settings
(21/32) Updating fontconfig cache...
(22/32) Updating 32-bit fontconfig cache...
(23/32) Probing GDK-Pixbuf loader modules...
(24/32) Compiling GSettings XML schema files...
(25/32) Probing GTK3 input method modules...
(26/32) Updating icon theme caches...
(27/32) Updating GTK4 module cache...
(28/32) Updating the info directory file...
(29/32) Copy Thunderbird Distribution Settings
(30/32) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
(31/32) Updating the vlc plugin cache...
(32/32) Updating X fontdir indices...
    ~                                                                                                                                                                                        ✔  12m 26s  

that’s were it got stuck…

Are there any steps I could take to check that when I restart everything will work?
Meaning, any commands that would check the integrity of the system?
I’ve reinstalled GRUB before attempting to restart, and I also ran another system update command and I was shown a message that my system is up to date.

I will wait till the morning to see if anyone comes up with any commands or ideas on what to check before restarting, just in case, due to the Konsole update being stuck…

Thanks!

You being stuck on that hook is something novel.

I am not sure where that hook is from … a search seems to turn up something to do with AUR or Nerd fonts?

(ex: https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/lj67t7/stuck_on_updating_x_fontdir_indices/)

I dont have it. :person_shrugging:

According to the posts on that reddit link it may be a connectivity issue, and supposedly even canceling it (with ctrl+c) is relatively safe. But I dont know myself.

- -bootloader-id=XXXX

Some clarification on --bootloader-id= used in the grub-install command for UEFI booting systems:

This bootloader-id corresponds to the name of the directory in which Grub’s ‘name-of-boot-file_x64.efi’ file should reside. For Manjaro, that directory is typically /EFI/manjaro on the EFI System Partition (ESP).

The grub-install command in its entirety would then become:

sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=manjaro --recheck

… followed by checking the configuration, as before:

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
  • Please, verify that this command matches your system requirements before blindly copy/pasting into the command-line.
  • The previous example posted by @cscs is specific to his machine, and is not meant as a copy/paste instruction. Yet, at least one user that I’m aware of seems to have done just that.

Take extreme care. There be :dragon:s here!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll fix it up to be more ‘common’.
(I think its Manjaro by default [with capital])

1 Like