Replace bashrc-manjaro with core/bash? [Y/n]

I’m doing my usual update and getting this message. I’ve been responding with ‘n’ when asked and the update doesn’t happen. Should I select ‘Y’? Will I lose any settings?

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                       147.6 KiB   984 KiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                        8.6 MiB  20.0 MiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 community                                                                   29.0   B   966   B/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                                   143.7 KiB  2.81 MiB/s 00:00 [##############################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace bashrc-manjaro with core/bash? [Y/n] n
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: bash and bashrc-manjaro are in conflict. Remove bashrc-manjaro? [y/N] n      
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: bash and bashrc-manjaro are in conflict

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

1 Like

If you’re so unsure what to do, at least read update announcements before posting, namely 2nd post: [Testing Update] 2024-01-25 - Kernels, Mesa, Calamares, Firefox

Also use preformatted text for output so it doesn’t look like s***.

3 Likes

Also check to see if you have pacnew files (pacdiff -o). The community repo has been gone for a long time, so you very likely have outdated configuration files on your system that need to be compared with the pacnew files and the appropriate action taken (merge, replace etc).

3 Likes

Please check Announcements posts. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Yochanan. I got my head nipped by zbe for not looking up that post before posting, however without the link I wouldn’t have known the ‘Announcements’ folder existed. I did eventually find it by clicking on ‘All categories’. I would’ve thought it deserved a more prominent position on the sidebar.

2 Likes

Huh? I gave you direct link. And under each title there are categories listed in which the said title resides.

1 Like

Announcements is a default category along with Notices, Support, ARM and Tutorials. Those can all be seen without clicking anything. Users are able to customize the visible categories in their preferences.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.